Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. 1 - In 1st place after 2 year wait

Hi group - After a 2 1/2 year wait with several stalls, changing surgeons and then changing back, rescheduing at least 3 surgery dates until I finally got one I can count on. Yes, even I went through a pile of hoops -- sometimes having to jump through the same hoop over and over again, I finally got the green light to be sleeved on Nov. 1.

Words cannot express how I feel right now. Actually, I have no clue how I feel. At times, relieved, other times scared, overwhelmed and feeling I haven't done this is an orderly manner. Heck, I don't have Vitamins or a lot of other things.

But I'm in with you guys and I hope we will hold on tight to each other and help with this life-changng transformation,. Personally, I am starting at 378 lbs., from an all-time high of 431. I can still remember when I weighed my heaviest, my doctor said," we really need to do something about that." Her name was Joan, and I called her St. Joan, she was so chill.

Lost medical records, waiting for Medicare to approve the sleeve, redoing so many of the requirements, including cardiac tests and clearance, now a 2nd pre-op diet, and I think I'm in the clear now. I'm ready to run the Derby. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it here in the sunny Southwest of Dallas, TX,.

My moniker is Sassy, so tell me about you!

Sassy,

Congrats on FINALLY getting your date! You certainly have been thru a lot, but now you can start working towards the surgery. November 1 will be here before you know it! Are you going on a 2 week liquid diet?

I'm on November 14th - I'm getting anxious!

So, welcome aboard and keep us updated on how you're doing.

Thanks, McButterpants. That is such a cute name. Oh, yeah, I'm actually on my 2nd pre-op diet in 1 month. yech. I've already dropped 20 lbs. for a total of 63 lbs. since last year.

And Ringo, you have to be my sleeve buddy since we're on the same day!

SassySenior (great name, BTW), I'd love to be your sleeve buddy! Now if only you were gonna be at the same place!!! Good luck though.... We are going to be fabulous!

Ringo, Buddy! Glad we're gonna be buddies. How are you feeling? Are you all ready? I'm not. Haven't bought my Vitamins yet. Still working on the liquids. A friend said she'd make broth for me. Gotta remind her. How's your pre-op going? Hope you'll forgive me, but I loved Paul. LOL

Ringo, Buddy! Glad we're gonna be buddies. How are you feeling? Are you all ready? I'm not. Haven't bought my Vitamins yet. Still working on the liquids. A friend said she'd make broth for me. Gotta remind her. How's your pre-op going? Hope you'll forgive me, but I loved Paul. LOL

Paul is my favorite too, to be honest. But Ringo's name has always been my go-to because it's different. LOL.

I'm doing horrible on pre-op diet. Trying to get back on track but here I have a few days to go. I've gone through some stressful stuff lately and turned to my drug of choice: food. Sigh. I'm nervous but excited. How about you? Where are you? Where is your surgery?

Ringo,

I'm in Dallas, but my surgery is in Denton, TX. No one has ever accused me of being a saint ... and certainly not since I've been on the pre-op diet.

Are you drinking Protein drinks? The only one so far that I like is Premier Protein chocolate. It's pre-mixed, which I prefer. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just the RTD are perfectly mixed and do not have to be refrigerated. Plus, I can keep a carton near my bed and grab one when I'm hungry, which is most of the time. I take full advantage of the 1 decent meal a day. I think it's supposed to be "lean" but I do eat cheese and the occasional cracker. Just enof to be able to continue on this starvation diet.

Sorry to hear you're having life issues. This is not the time for stress in your life. Heck,it's hard enof to do this pre-op preparation with no stress. Doubt I could do it with stress.

Hope today has been a better day. Where are you having your surgery?

I guess I dropped the ball on this. How'd it go? I went to Mexico and the experience was great. Now I'm dealing with trying to get all my fluids in and not feel like crap after I eat... Seems like no matter what I do I put air in my stomach. Anyone else have this?