Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning,

How are you all doing?

I'm having a little melt down.... Before band land, I was very much an emotional eater, and I know the BAND does not take that away. Lately, I can't eat enough junk food. I'm up a few pounds and I'm getting so discouraged..... I'm tired physically, mentally and I need a good pep talk. Seems like junk food has no problem getting through this band...lol.....

Did anyone order the motivational CD's? Here's the link if anyone wanted to check it out. I was thinking of ordering them, and hopefully they could help with this emotional rollercoaster I'm on....

http://www.bandsterme.com/

I need a friend....:help: .....

Have a nice day.

Doriana.

Hi Doriana--I'm sorry you are having problems. I can relate though--I have gone thru phases like that myself. You have come to the right place for support though. Just try and remember why you got the band in the first place. We all know it is just a tool, not a miracle cure, and it is so easy to sabbotage ourselves, isn't it? You have done great so far, and you just need to get re-focused, I think. Think about how great you will feel when you reach your goal! I bought a book recently that I think might help you--it's called chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul. It's a collection of stories from people who have dealt with dieting issues in different ways. It really is good--I found a lot of inspiration in it. Also, maybe you could tape a "before" picture of yourself somewhere near where you keep the junk food to help remind you what you don't want to go back to. Having lap-band surgery was, I'm sure, not a decision you made lightly, and I'm sure you are not willing to just give up. Hang in there, I'm sure you will shake this, and if you ever want to chat, you can e-mail me or send me a private message. My e-mail is boonconburns@comcast.net. Contact me anytime--everyone needs a friend and a little encouragement now and then. (Even though I am not from Canada!:myscared: )

Hang in there Doriana. I don't know if this will help but I think most people (who were junk food eaters before) have had this problem and so I do think it is "normal" and a necessary evil stage to some extent. Of course I can only speak from MY experience and I will tell you that I have been where you describe about 3 or 4 different "serious" times since being banded. The "phases" are shorter and shorter each time. The last one was over Xmas and I gained about 6 lbs but it all came off fairly quicky (& and then some) once I got "back on track". It does keep you honest for sure....as you said, it is not a cure all and you still need to "mentally behave". We'll all have slips. But the beauty of the band is....though you can "eat around it" you can also cooperate with it. So, don't beat yourself up....just re-focus and march forth. And be prepared for this to happen again. Don't fret too much about the bad spurts....overall it is still working for me (despite the junk spurts) and it will still work for you to.

:myscared:

I'd have to agree, this hits me occasionally too - as it did before banding. It coincides with times in my life that are busy and stressful, and I also agree that those phases get shorter and shorter as I learn to look after myself and put myself first.

Nowadays, the *thought* often hits me but the reality is I dont really want it so much anymore. I did have McDonalds on Friday night as we have had a hellish week getting ready for a huge birthday party on Saturday for my daughter. I had been over the other side of Melbourne to pick up my niece and nephew, it was 8pm, none of us had eaten dinner yet, it was quite reasonable in the circumstances to hit the drive through, which I did. I ate my fries, looked at the cheeseburger and thought, nah, cant be bothered.

It really does happen eventually! The hardest part is getting yourself back on track but really its what you do MOST of the time that counts.

Hello again,

Thanks for all your support. This really is the BEST place to come for support. I feel better this morning. Had another bad day yesterday, but today is a new day...

I managed to get on the treadmill this morning for 20 min. and this made me feel good. I have to get my -ss back in gear too....

I wish you all a great day....

Stay warm today, as it's supposed to be a very cold/ windy day.

Cheers to you all.

Doriana

:) :kiss2: :D :kiss2:

Ohhh, I hear ya Doriana!!!

I am the junk food queen!!! I also have phases where I eat crap. I think the reason that it slides threw the band so easy is that, it isnt really food at all!! lol. I just remember before getting banded wanted to be thin, but I also wanted to get healthy(hitting 40 an all). So I try to put it all together and get threw those nasty phases as quick as possible. But your not alone!!!

Junk food I swear I love it way to much. I think until you are facing the demon of junk food yes or no right that second is a hard one to understand for a lot of people.

I still eat some at 5 years out, I think you need to find a way to incorpoate it within reason into your life. When I was newly banded I didn't touch it I couldn't or I would go nuts with it. I think when I realized that I had to start thinking about eating and food and why I wanted the sugar it got easier to resist.

I think stopping and thinking about where you eat, when you eat, what you eat, why you eat and how you eat. And on top of thinking about it, you get honest with yourself truly honest, that is the hard part being honest and brutal you don't get over that craving.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up too much over the junk, just try and keep it down to a minimum