Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

really want goodies

Ice cream, Cookies, fries, all the carb loaded goodies that were my go to's when I was having a hard day.

I have been doing decently since surgery (7 weeks out) with emotional eating but I had a hard day today at work and now all I can think about is wanting some comfort food.

Feeling sad.

Try to find a new go-to comfort activity. I have rediscovered how amazing a warm bubble bath can be after a long day. And there are zero calories in that little pleasure activity.

Yeah I need to find an activity. I wish a bubble bath would do it but sadly I have not lost enough weight to be able to lay in my tub AND have Water in it yet.

i understand. i'm still on a leave from work and fear going back. my job stresses me out and i eat when i'm stressed. let me know if you find something to take those cravings away

It's tough to find substitutes, I like to keep the little packs of apple slices handy. Sweet and a crunch. Sometimes I'll dip in a little Peanut Butter. We should treat ourselves, within reason and sticking to our plan when at all possible. Good habits early will make it easier. I love that you didn't' pick something up to eat, but posted instead. Your good habits are starting already! Stay strong, we are here for support, we know what you're going through.

J.Michelle - I know the feeling. I have a stressful job as well. One thing I have been doing since before surgery is walking during my scheduled breaks. And taking a full hour for lunch which of course I don't need anywhere near an hour to eat my 8 bites but I use that time to clear my mind for the afternoon.

JerseyGirl68 - I'm sad to say it was not because I didn't want to. I do not allow junk in the house (I have no will power. If its there I will probably try to eat it once at least. Found out the hard way Cookies are a no go and band them from the house.) and once I'm home in the evenings I don't go back out. But my husband and daughter ate out while they were going to tutoring and then the grocery store (to get something needed for dinner which I ended up not cooking) and my son wanted something to eat before my husband got back from the store. So I ended up having lunch meat and sliced cheese with a couple crackers. For some reason crackers help me get the lunch meat down (I'm not a fan of lunch meat). So technically I did have some carbs. Not what I normally would have had. This is a meal I've eaten a few times in the last couple weeks. I hate cooking for just me.

J.Michelle - I know the feeling. I have a stressful job as well. One thing I have been doing since before surgery is walking during my scheduled breaks. And taking a full hour for lunch which of course I don't need anywhere near an hour to eat my 8 bites but I use that time to clear my mind for the afternoon.

JerseyGirl68 - I'm sad to say it was not because I didn't want to. I do not allow junk in the house (I have no will power. If its there I will probably try to eat it once at least. Found out the hard way Cookies are a no go and band them from the house.) and once I'm home in the evenings I don't go back out. But my husband and daughter ate out while they were going to tutoring and then the grocery store (to get something needed for dinner which I ended up not cooking) and my son wanted something to eat before my husband got back from the store. So I ended up having lunch meat and sliced cheese with a couple crackers. For some reason crackers help me get the lunch meat down (I'm not a fan of lunch meat). So technically I did have some carbs. Not what I normally would have had. This is a meal I've eaten a few times in the last couple weeks. I hate cooking for just me.

I hear you about the junk food. I won't keep it in my home either. But I will keep "treats" Fat Free/sugar free pudding/jello. cheese sticks, apple slices. And I'll have one every now and then.

About two weeks ago I took home a piece of cake from my sister's birthday for one of my brothers and had all intention of bringing it to him the next day. Well, I got busy and there it sat.. The next night, I KNEW it was there and it absolutely invaded my thoughts.. I had to throw it away or eat it. Thankfully, I chose to toss it (Dont' tell him that!)

The emotional aspects of obesity are the hardest to overcome, in my opinion. They are deep rooted and can be triggered at a moments notice. For good and bad reasons, and oftentimes we don't know why. All we can do is our best, make the best choices for us and hope it all goes according to plan.

Trader Joe's Dark chocolate Nibs - 1 calorie each. Cocoa nibs covered in dark chocolate. One or two of these flavor packed nuggets takes care of a sweet craving for me. They come in a little tin.

Trader Joe's Dark chocolate Nibs - 1 calorie each. Cocoa nibs covered in dark chocolate. One or two of these flavor packed nuggets takes care of a sweet craving for me. They come in a little tin.

I had to look those up online. Can you get them sugar free? I know from experience when it comes to chocolate I can't stop at one. I might be better off steering clear of all candy type things. I am fat for a reason after all. I never went a day without sugar or carbs pre-sleeve and detoxing from them was rough.

I think roasted Edamame might be a good treat but I need to find a good recipe. I bought a bag of preroasted and I didn't like the taste. I've tried pumpkin seeds but they were store bought as well and really high in sodium and I think I should steer clear of excess sodium as well.