Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like such a loser! I was sleeved 9/17/13 and the first week post op I lost 15 pounds - which was awesome! Since then, my weight loss has slowed WAY down! I weighed today after not weighing for two weeks and I had only lost 3.5 pounds. I was so disappointed. I asked my doc if I was doing something wrong. I just don't understand how I could be eating so little and not losing more! I've lost a total of 21 pounds since surgery and I'm 4 weeks post op today. I'm really starting to wonder if I've made the right decision! This is miserable! I can't eat anything AND I'm NOT losing (enough) weight! I really thought I was going to lose a lot faster! I've got a LOT to lose and it just seems like it's not going to happen for me. I'm just so depressed! Part of the reason I had this surgery is so my husband and I could have another child. I have PCOS and I'm not ovulating now. This is just so frustrating! I have no idea what to do. I also walk 2 miles a day 4-5 days a week. :(

I was sleeved on 9/16 and lost a total of 24 lbs the first 2 wks but I haven't lost any more weight either. If anything I gained 3 lbs! I am at the gym 4 days a week and eating very little also. I understand that we went through major surgery & lost a lot of weight very fast & our bodies are trying to catch up. Don't get discouraged we will start losing again. Hang in there & good luck!! Our journey has just begun!

I really don't want to sound cold or heartless, but ... What are you complaining about ? You LOST 21 lbs In 4 weeks !!! How is that not great !? Especially when you just come through a major surgery and your body is still healing. If you do that again next month and the month after, that is 60 lbs by Christmas. A loss Is a loss, Celebrate it !!

I was sleeved on 10/1. And am a PCOS girl too... My biggest reason for surgery was to try to have a baby. I completely feel you! I have lost about 10 pounds since surgery but have stalled over the last week totally. I didn't expect to see the stall so soon. I knew it would happen eventually... But if I add back calories at all I gain weight. It's scary for me. I walk 2-3 miles several days a week also, and eat/drink around 400 calories per day. It's amazing to me that with so few calories I'm not dropping the weight faster. The doc is ok with my loss so far though. He says to make sure I am getting enough fluids and I try to get a min if 64 per day. And 80-100g Protein. How are you doing on fluids and Proteins? ?

Just hang in there, the weight will start going down again. I went through the dreaded 3 week stall and just finished another 2 week stall (10 months post-op). Your body is going to fight back as you lose the weight so fast. It is going into starvation mode and will try to hang onto every calorie it has stored. But if you just keep with your program, your weight will start falling again, I promise.

Keep Pimpin' that Sleeve!

Hello! My advice! Stop worrying. I had a post very similar to this a few weeks ago. I lost 17 lbs in the 1st week. Gained 9 in the second week (I think it was Water loss, and then water retention because I got real poofy). Then didn't loose again until almost the end of week 4. I had fear, thinking I was the only one who this surgery wasn't going to work for. EVERYONE looses differently. If you stick to your plan, the weight will come off. Try not to focus on the number. As we get more and more Protein, we are re-building that initial muscle loss we lost. I am on week 5 now and at 30 lbs. Stalls are normal. The "three week stall" is very common and also stalls around your period and ovulation as well. But I am not worried or anxious anymore, as I know the scale will move again...how can it not...I still struggle to get near my 900 calories a day. Hope this helps!