Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down to the wire...

I can't believe I am less than a week away from surgery. Yesterday was my EDG, which was my last pre op test. Have to admit I was a little nervous about it, fear of the unknown type thing. But it was easy peasy. I did wake up with a cough and a bit of a sore throat. They said I coughed during, so I don't know if the numbing stuff didn't work or what. It felt numb when he sprayed it, but when I woke up I could feel everything. They had me drinking in recovery, although I had read it could take several hours for the gag reflex to return. Oh well, leave it to me to be different! The doctor said I did actually have a SMALL hiatal hernia, although it was not seen on the upper GI. So not sure if it is something he will want to repair in surgery or just not worry about it. I guess in the grand scheme of things I don't really care, but it would be nice if it didn't need fixed just to save an incision and maybe a little less recovery post op. It will be what it will be. I see my surgeon on Thursday so I will ask him then. I have come up with one or two questions to ask, but over all I am as ready as I will ever be! My good friend who drove me to the test yesterday is a couple weeks behind me on his journey to having the sleeve. It was good to talk with someone so close to me who is on the same path. I am sort of his guide as I will be ahead of him and can explain the steps. We have agreed to take one last set of "before" pictures, as we both plan to NEVER return to where we are now again! ( we have taken so many "before" pics over the years) I am kind of at a calm place right now. I have no doubt that, as time for surgery closes in, I will become a bigger bundle of nerves. But I know this is what is right for me. I know it won't be easy. I also know it is worth every bit of effort I put into it. Right now I have been enjoying what bit of weight I have lost. I can only imagine how I will feel once serious weight starts dropping off!! I look forward to being on the losers bench!

I am scheduled for my EGD at the end of the month, so your post is most helpful.. Thank you!! Did you have the Bravo PH Recording as well? Since mine is scheduled on Halloween, I was wondering if you were up and about in the evening. I have a 9 yr old that still loves to trick or treat, and our tradition is to go with all the neighborhood kids. I am hoping I am up to it. When is your surgery? Good Luck.

I am scheduled for my EGD at the end of the month, so your post is most helpful.. Thank you!! Did you have the Bravo PH Recording as well? Since mine is scheduled on Halloween, I was wondering if you were up and about in the evening. I have a 9 yr old that still loves to trick or treat, and our tradition is to go with all the neighborhood kids. I am hoping I am up to it. When is your surgery? Good Luck.

I woke up easily. It wasn't like full sedation where you are groggy and have to work yourself out of it. I was asleep, then I was awake. But I do understand why they don't want you to drive or operate machinery for a while (12 hrs) after. Even though I was alert and everything, I would drop off asleep at the drop of a hat. I wasn't really feeling tired, but then I would wake up and realize I had fallen asleep. It happened a few times. And I slept pretty well last night. But if you are up and walking around you should be fine to go out with the Trick-or-Treaters. Of course I came home and got my belly full of liquids (10 day liquid diet) after not having ANYTHING to eat or drink most of the day! ( which might be part of why I nodded off so quickly)

And my surgery is 10/21. I am not sure if I will be able to go out with my daughter on Halloween, but I hope so!

Not sure what the Bravo PH recording is...I did see a few photos of my insides, but that is all I know of.

They are leaving a camera in, I guess it will record and monitor info, then pass at some point and time.

I bet you will be able to trick or treating with your daughter... I have not started the liquid part of the diet yet. So I am a while out still, but ready to get started!!