Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depends on your doc's advice for what your diet is actually, that varies for each Doctor at times more so than others, my own Doc gave me less than I'd feed a bird, I suggest you can calorie count the diet your doing to see what you are doing. Eventually you'll need count one of your own, I assume I am correct that you do have a stricter guideline at this point than need to count calories ? People choose allot I think with a Sleeve and then the level of activity and desire how much your willing to sacrifice for the goal of faster weight losses. So, the sky's the limit, 400 to 1200 but that's a diet you can do, a diet given to those unlike ourselves is a few more even for a guy at the low end. Your feeling as a guide will more likely leave you at a lesser intake for some time to come, enjoy it, bask in that fact and do what it takes, don't think of what hunger is not there at all any way, good luck to you, OK with that ?

There is an extra spoonful or two of yogurt or tiny way's to still even stay with for a pick me up if your feeling weakened or stressed physically, add what's there your comfortable with too or more than spoonful at the moments necessity is there for it maybe, go with the flow, that is if I make sense for this topic and to you.

you shrunken stomach is a tool for you now, before and still though for the next weeks, it gave way a bit and let's you eat more than prior weeks as well, you may be still just fine but don't see that sameness.

personal thought from me is at the time your at I did not go to 5oz. nearly or yet at all, I was though ever on 2 oz. whole meals and then 2oz. meat content, then after 4 weeks for sure was aloud some sides or something more and stuff like maybe added was Veggies in raw state. Red meats were out until that time as well, but, like I said, my own Doctor's design on that. To me your flexed a bit early but especially if your adding more than the oz.'s of meats. Also, of course you maybe already, but, adding in between meal time hour's is needed a little maybe at this point for you.

Edited by JKG

oopsie, maybe not on the in between things, I don't know, the flow for a true burn includes that at some point though, sorry, your early at that for sure I guess.

Use My Fitness Pal. First things first, track your food intake for a week or two, you might be surprised how my calories you're actually getting. I thought I was putting in way to many calories just trying to get Protein in, but when I tracked it, I found I was getting 400-800 calories a day. The website will tell you how many calories you need to take in for optimal weight loss. It's almost impossible to get that many calories in, but I no longer freak out to much, and I am loosing weight like I'm supposed to.

Here is what I got for you, by all accounts, you are in stage three diet in common plan's. My own was difficult and different, I'd say a bit radical from my Doc's office, for most I found 2 fair and good examples giving idea on this....... 1. http://tlcsurgery.eh...ve - TLC(1).pdf .. 2. http://www.cornellwe...gastrectomy.pdf ... Everything was written down for me on full length for diet paperwork, gee's, I do believe I am confused again by my meager given method system from my Doc's again on the whole deal.

Edited by JKG

I don't weigh my meat, I keep my portions to 4-5 ounces and I eat 3 times a day

there I go being a %$*&^, you said portion as a whole are 5oz.'s, ok, that's more sensible yet I still say yes, a bit to high on me, not necessarily you. I am so sorry if I F'ed you up, but those are good diet examples, changes come on in next weeks regardless, thinking you may had just a tad early started with 5oz.'s were I'd not, that's all, stay with what suites you best for results and think some healthy idea's always, sorry again, But you realize, my own diet was not at all that yet but maybe week 6-7 or something.

Cgoodiett, at 3.5 weeks out, if u stick with ur doc's eating plan and eat what u have been told to eat, u shouldn't need to count calories because the plan has been devised with that in mind. My dietician told me they didn't give calorie totals for that reason and to keep the focus on what u r eating and the volume.

At ur stage, none of this should be complicated - if u eat Protein in the quantities advised, keep sipping ur liquids and keep moving, u won't go far wrong and unless u r eating things u have been told not to, u will be fine.

Breathe out and remember that ur sleeve will help make sure u don't over eat. All u have to do is eat according to the plan.... Good luck, bet u will be great. I haven't counted a calorie since being sleeved (first time in years I haven't) and I am not doing too bad ;-)))))