Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some good advisement

So as of all here, we want that surgery so BAD... The first problem was how the hell am I going to pay for it?! Since my mom realized how much I really really REALLy want this, she added me to her insurance which I'm 90% sure they will cover the surgery. The insurance will start on November 1st. So that's GOOD news right? Well now I got another obstacle that I must fix. I had coarctation of aorta surgery 10 yrs ago. So I went to see my cardiologist to clear me and she has me do an ECHO today at 7Am. Since I was at work, I didn't check my phone but had 3 missed calls which I got worried. Anyhow I got in touch with her and she's having me do an MRI, chest x-Ray, stress test and possibly more to make sure that I'm ok and she said that the coarctation of aorta can happen again which scares me because I have suffered so much from it. And I never want to go there again.. I am only 25 btw. Now my BMI is only 34.4 but I just found out my cholesterol is a little high and I have high blood pressure. I think this should be enough for the insurance right??????????? I only went to the seminar last week and now I have to put everything on hold until November 1st at which time my insurance will kick in and I made an appointment to my primary doctor for November 9th and surgeon for the 16th. In the mean time I will go do all my tests my cardiologist is requesting to clear me.. Sorry for the long post I just don't know who to tell and be so honest with... Encouragements would be appreciated it. I just hope I'm not doing this for nothing and insurance will not cover. It does say bariatric surgery-covered. So that's a plus sign right????

You'll need to call the insurance to find out what their criteria are. Usually you have to have a bmi of 35 to 39 with co morbidities or a bmi of 40 or above with no co morbidities

Have your mom call the insurance co and ask if bariatric surgery is covered and if it is find out what the requirements are

But yea I'm 99.9% sure you need a bmi of 35+ with two comorbidities or 40+ without them

You need to gain a few more pounds your BMI needs to be atleast 35 or the insurance will deny you off top

Eat some bad stuff! I gained weight to qualify..actually a good bit. Well worth it!
lol me too and yes it was worth it