Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG approval shock, excitement & tears

At 3:42pm on October 8th 2013 I received a call saying I was approved for surgery I was shocked like frozen in place while in shoprite I literally thought the surgical coordinator was joking then she told me my surgery date October 21st 2013 even more shocked & excited the tears were just rolling emotions really took over it all started from me not considering another wls to researching then moving forward I still can't believe it & even though it's 12 days away im prepared ***Hello liquids & New Life***

Congrats! I got the news about the same time that I was approved. It is like a weight lifted off my chest. I still do not have a date, but should get one today. I can't believe you got in so soon after approval! Good luck on your surgery and your journey!

I too got my approval on Oct 7th. Surgery Nov 7th. I am happy but scared at the same time ugh. I am so worried about how miserable I may feel when I can't eat Will I get headaches, will I feel edgy and anxious?

Apprehensive is how I feerl right now; (

Congratulations DangerousD & yes I did the seminar on my birthday May 22nd 2013 I was still debating if I wanted to do another wls so after deciding I went for my consultation, dietitian seminar & met the dietitian for my evaluation 7/10 did my ugi 7/24 my blood work 7/30 got my pcp letter from my primary doctor in the morning & my psychological evaluation in the afternoon of 8/22 the reason why I was a month delayed is because my Dr who lapband the lady in the office wasn't getting my weight history for the past 6 months forms done **true procrastinator** until I spoke to someone else (the surgeon assistant) I git my forms filled & faxed to my new surgeon my surgical coordinator sent everything to my insurance monday but they needed a paper report of the ugi fax to them I only had the disc so I had to call them to fax it to my surgical coordinator everything was faxed a last time on 10/3 I was just waiting close to my phone just in case my insurance requested more information but they didn't I was gonna 10/10 to see if I got approved but I was off 10/8 & my nerves were eating me I couldn't sleep so I called the afternoon left a message received a call back 3:42pm saying I was approved & with a surgery date I will forever be grateful to my surgical coordinator because the 1st one I was assigned to never returned calls & went as far as going on vacation for a week & didn't return to none of my messages before she left then my second surgical coordinator she was on top of everything like nobody business & I was glad because im all the way in NJ & the office is in Ny so is the hospital

My vsg surgeon is Dr. Roslin

My insurance is bcbs horizon direct of nj p/c in nj but ppo in other states other than nj

I too got my approval on Oct 7th. Surgery Nov 7th. I am happy but scared at the same time ugh. I am so worried about how miserable I may feel when I can't eat Will I get headaches' date=' will I feel edgy and anxious?

Apprehensive is how I feerl right now; ([/quote']

Congrats im more afraid of the pain, if I be able to walk much that first couple of days, the sitting & getting up strength that will be needed because when I had my lapband surgery the following day I walked slow when I went home later that day when sitting up in bed the getting up out of bed & laying down part took a minute I don't think you should feel on edge because your gonna have a new tummy that hold way less volume so the clear liquid will hold you & when your able to go to Protein Drinks or shakes it will hold you because when I diet & exercised before I had a shake that had 25g of Protein & that held me for 4-5hrs & I haven't had my surgery yet but my dietitian saying after surgery I should be trying to get 60g-80g of protein per day at first I won't but eventually I will

Hidden,

We started out on our journey about the same time. My info session was mid May. And though in the Cincinnati area, I think your first insurance coordinator and mime are the same person. ;) I have had more problems with her. She is nice, but doesn't call back when she said she would, etc. Also, the reason it took longer to approve is that my insurance company didn't have my FREAKING height. Grrr. My nerves before yesterday felt like someone had used a cheese grater on them. And now I am waiting for her to set up a date.

We are going out of town end of this month to see our great niece who was just born, so I am delaying the surgery until the second week of November, so I won't be on a liquid diet on the road.

My husband is from NJ and his family still live there so we visit often. It is a beautiful state. We live in Northern KY near Cincinnati and I have Aetna insurance.

Hidden' date='

We started out on our journey about the same time. My info session was mid May. And though in the Cincinnati area, I think your first insurance coordinator and mime are the same person. ;) I have had more problems with her. She is nice, but doesn't call back when she said she would, etc. Also, the reason it took longer to approve is that my insurance company didn't have my FREAKING height. Grrr. My nerves before yesterday felt like someone had used a cheese grater on them. And now I am waiting for her to set up a date.

We are going out of town end of this month to see our great niece who was just born, so I am delaying the surgery until the second week of November, so I won't be on a liquid diet on the road.

My husband is from NJ and his family still live there so we visit often. It is a beautiful state. We live in Northern KY near Cincinnati and I have Aetna insurance.[/quote']

Are you serious your height they think everybody in the doctors office gonna lie about your bmi thank God your approval came though