Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been so bad I was supposed to be on my liquid diet and I've cheated on more than one occasion not a whole meal but maybe a little piece of chicken or a little bit of something I feel like a failure I feel horrible I love my Protein smoothies I really do but sometimes I feel like I just need something to chew on I wonder if my surgeon will do my surgery being the fact that I did not lose the weight before hand but I do have to do the cleaning the day before basically a laxative clean out my intestines wonder if that would help get rid of some of the weight she didn't tell me how much weight to lose you just said that I would probably lose some weight on the liquid diet has anyone else had this problem if so please please help. :(

My surgeon would not under any circumstances do the surgery if you cheated by eating a peanut..others don't seem to care...guess you will have to wait and see which side your surgeon fall on....

Don't beat yourself up. You're taking mini mouthfuls. That, alone, is not going to make your liver explode. If you were caning a bottle of vodka and bucket of fried chicken three times a week, the doctor would know. As it stands, a mouthful of chicken or the odd crunchy-thing, is going to be fine. As you were, my dear and don't panic, you'll be fine and you'll do fine. :) x

Did you have flush your intestines out the day before? Usually they give you this yucky meds to drink the day before to help?

Don't beat yourself up. You're taking mini mouthfuls. That' date=' alone, is not going to make your liver explode. If you were caning a bottle of vodka and bucket of fried chicken three times a week, the doctor would know. As it stands, a mouthful of chicken or the odd crunchy-thing, is going to be fine. As you were, my dear and don't panic, you'll be fine and you'll do fine. :) x[/quote']

Thanks my love the guilt has beat me up so much and also the thought of having to do that laxative the day before has me a little at ease hope all will be fine :/ it seems that my doctor the only one that does the laxative before surgery if the same type of medicine you have to take before colon cleanse???

The purpose of the liquid diet is to shrink your liver so that you are at a reduced risk of complications from things like lesions (can be fatal), leaks, your surgeon not being able to see where s/he is operating. It's not for weight loss. It's for something much much more serious than that. If the thought of surgical complications doesn't convince you to stop eating, I'm not sure what else to suggest? We all get that it's not easy. But if your doc puts you on it, then it's a matter of health, life, and peace of mind to follow it.

Don't look at it as "just a piece of chicken". Think of it as "something that could cause surgical complications" because really, it could well be that.

I have no idea about whether it's the same as a colon cleanse. It is probably like a laxative to ensure your stomach and intestines are all squeaky clean prior to surgery.

Gamergirl is right about the liquid diet being very important - that's why they put you on it. However, beating yourself up over what you've already done is futile. Just resolve to not to indulge again and move forward. Protein shakes ahoy! You can do it! :)

I have no idea about whether it's the same as a colon cleanse. It is probably like a laxative to ensure your stomach and intestines are all squeaky clean prior to surgery.

Gamergirl is right about the liquid diet being very important - that's why they put you on it. However' date=' beating yourself up over what you've already done is futile. Just resolve to not to indulge again and move forward. Protein shakes ahoy! You can do it! :)[/quote']

I know I done Protein smoothies from today forward I'm a winner have to do this surgery Tuesday Oct 15 here I come I just hope that laxative helps with the few hick ups I've made the good I've done far as liquids are concerned out weight the small munches along the way I would love to message you Madam along the way for guidance you really speak to me in clear way and I need that In my life. How has the journey been for you?

I know I done Protein smoothies from today forward I'm a winner have to do this surgery Tuesday Oct 15 here I come I just hope that laxative helps with the few hick ups I've made the good I've done far as liquids are concerned out weight the small munches along the way I would love to message you Madam along the way for guidance you really speak to me in clear way and I need that In my life. How has the journey been for you?

Aww, that's very sweet of you, thank you. You're more than welcome to email me. Come along- join the crazy! All are welcome :) x

The diets are so different depending on the surgeon. I started with one surgeon, and then Kaiser hired there own surgeon and I got swapped. The first surgeon said low carb below 20 grams a day... period. You could eat meat, cheese, some veggies. The new surgeon has me on the liquids. When I asked him about the 20 grams a day, he said... sure it probably works just fine, but to him it was getting the patient mentally ready - since that is what you are going to have to do after surgery. Low carb diets make the liver release glycogen which it normally stores several pounds of. I just keep thinking if I have to cheat, or stray... do it with Protein. So far, I'm good. Been nauseous, been whiny, been coming home from work and crashing way before time... Some people don't even have a pre-op... I so don't get that! If it is about the liver, why don't all the doctors do it? Oh, well.. I'm getting myself physically and emotionally prepared.

The diets are so different depending on the surgeon. I started with one surgeon' date=' and then Kaiser hired there own surgeon and I got swapped. The first surgeon said low carb below 20 grams a day... period. You could eat meat, cheese, some veggies. The new surgeon has me on the liquids. When I asked him about the 20 grams a day, he said... sure it probably works just fine, but to him it was getting the patient mentally ready - since that is what you are going to have to do after surgery. Low carb diets make the liver release glycogen which it normally stores several pounds of. I just keep thinking if I have to cheat, or stray... do it with Protein. So far, I'm good. Been nauseous, been whiny, been coming home from work and crashing way before time... Some people don't even have a pre-op... I so don't get that! If it is about the liver, why don't all the doctors do it? Oh, well.. I'm getting myself physically and emotionally prepared.[/quote']

That is my point exactly my girlfriend who got the surgery last year she didn't have a pre diet I mean she got approved on a Tuesday and the following Thursday received her surgery in there was no diet involved and she did just fine I'm trying not to beat myself up but at the same time I just didn't want to do anything wrong on my behalf you're right I mentally and physically and emotionally have to get myself prepared what day is your surgery? The sad truth of it all I do fine all day with just liquid its when I get off from work and have my son that's when I tend to nibble :( I'm going to do from here on out.

It's brave of you to expose yourself and be honest about what's going on. If it were me, I wouldn't tell the doctor. I had an experience recently when I was 2 days before surgery and my doctor flipped out, mainly because I didn't know to stop NSAIDS but also because I told him I had a bite of a brownie.

In my case, the NSAIDS was certainly a problem, and surgery would have to be postponed a week. But his flip-out was so bad that I wasn't sure I wanted him be my surgeon.

Doesn't sound like you've done all that much to be beating yourself up. And you have a whole week to turn that around. I feel for you about even doing a week-long pre-op. My plan, this second time around, is to do the absolute best I can. My doctor will know by my weight loss whether I've been dieting. You can't reduce your eating drastically and not lose weight.

There are two things you should do. One is stop beating yourself up. The other is use periods to end a sentence. It's hard to figure out what you're saying when all the words run together.

Good luck. Do your best, and think twice about "true confessions."