Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get re motivated for excersise ! I have fallen off bad ! I was thinking of triing hip hop abs from beach body and try 45 min 4 x a week at the gym. Does anyone have any suggestions other then get over the excuses of working 2 jobs and no time. ? I need to get toned again I am 150 was 241 at my heaviest ! HELP ! Maybe I need a buddy

WOW, you lost a real lot of weight, congrats! As far as the gym, maybe start slow and work up the time. I know I was doing about 45-60 minutes and over the summer, I almost never went. Now I am just about 30 minutes. But 30 is better than 0. Also, while at home I try to move around a lot and bend my knees, try to kick my ass.

Good luck. Just don't over do it or you won't do anything.

I work out with a cousin and it's that mutual benefit equation -- doing it for and with another person gets me there. But now I'm trying to do the solo stuff, too, as add-on exercise. Walking down the road, etc. That is harder -- oh the head games! When I exercise I feel so good but I'm never exactly wanting to get on that treadmill, etc. Have to force myself. Want to change that up now and like it from the get-go and have the wanting to do it.

Even a jump rope at home is bette than nothing. I work out alone, but I jam out while working out. I feel great afterwards. Slowly adding exercise in your daily routine even for 10-20 minutes will have you feeling better.

my dog makes me walk once a day. i have 2.5 acres and i started walking with him after meals. it became a must to him. so even if i am taking a nap he will nudge me and bark at me telling me we haven't gone for a walk yet. it was funny tonight. with the sun going down so early i just got on the treadmill. he came into the room, now i am talking about a 115 lb. german shepard , he tried to get on the treadmill with me. he wanted to walk with mommy. do simple things to exercise. you will more than likely keep that up than a regimen that you don't look forward in doing. good luck

my dog makes me walk once a day. i have 2.5 acres and i started walking with him after meals. it became a must to him. so even if i am taking a nap he will nudge me and bark at me telling me we haven't gone for a walk yet. it was funny tonight. with the sun going down so early i just got on the treadmill. he came into the room, now i am talking about a 115 lb. german shepard , he tried to get on the treadmill with me. he wanted to walk with mommy. do simple things to exercise. you will more than likely keep that up than a regimen that you don't look forward in doing. good luck

Ha. What a great story. How wonderful to have motivated workout partner right under your own roof