Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' March Challenge

Waterlilly, the track sounds like a fabulous idea. Way to go.

Tracy, my good friend Angela has a Gazelle and loves it. I've never been on one myself, but she really thinks it's fabulous.

Molly, that is how I started running. My DH and I began walking at the HS track. I liked to go while the drumline or football team were rehearsing/practing. It charged me up. Soon I tried running and little by little worked myself up to three miles on the track. I kind of miss it and am actually looking forward to football season again.

Julie, I can't believe that your surgery is in a week! This is very good timing to make the Onederland goal. WHen is your last day at work and when do you fly home for the surgery?

Betty, I am going to PM you. Hold tight and we will all be with you (in spirit) as you face this critical time. Much love to you and Alan! :welldoneclap:

Julie.... I am so happy for you!!!!!!!! Ifully believe that the poem made the weight gods angry!!!! Nooo... you did it and you deserve it!!!!!!!

Kat... you are doing great.

Betsy - thanks for your compliments!!!!

You guys are all so great!

I am going to treadmill in the a.m. I don't have one at home so being in the hotel it is a treat to use the treadmill. Hoping to do 5 k.

Have a good night.

Dawn

banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/191/179

Exercise session this month= 16

I am grateful for all of you April 06 Bandsters!! Your messages are inspirational! It is nice to see that yous who have been through this will share!

I am 4'11"s, 215 pounds, and 55 years old. I am scheduled to get my band April 12th!! I can't wait! I will need the help and support of all of yous!!

At this time, I have been doing crunches every other day to build up any stomach mucles. Does it matter, I dont know, just thot it might make sense to do this. I have been exercising, and walking, thinking although I am in bad shape, anything I can do now might make the surgery go better. Any advice from you all would be great!:( I am from Michigan.

Thanks for the feedback Julie!

Kat: you will be in ONEderland before you know it!

Margi: I just added you to the April 07 list!

Lilly: I loved the track idea!!!

hello girls:-)

I posted my before and after pics on http://www.lapbandtalk.com/before-and-after-t4642p44.html pages 43 and 44, I didnt see how fat I really was until I put those two pics next to each other:-)

Im doing better all problems sloved kind of:-)I just need to focuse more on food, I had 2oz of chocolate toaday at 10 p.m.:-( but Im gonna excercise tomorrow and try again:-))

Amourette that flight thing is scary I admire you!

Margi,

I'm sure that the crunches will help you in some way. Probably the most important thing you can do is to walk until you breathe a bit harder to increase your stamina and lung capacity. Also, if you have other vices (like mine: Diet Coke) it is better to deal with them now, rather than quit everything after surgery.

Congratulations!!

Hi all!

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there with the exercise.

Hope Alan's surgery went well....Betty if you check in, know we are praying for you and for Alan's quick recovery.

We spent the afternoon and evening, on into the early morning hours in the hospital ourselves. Remember when I told you I had to give Rick the heimlich in the restaurant? Well he choked again. He took a bite of chicken, and it stuck. I wasn't there! He was with his folks and our son, working on a van for them, he tried jumping and moving, and he actually got it to where he could breath, and tried vomiting, but he kept saying it was stuck. He slimed, just like us! His mouth poured Water, and he could not swallow anything! The ER Dr.'s tried something called glucogone, which is supposed to dilate the esophagus, it didn't work. The gave him nitroglycerin tabs for the same purpose, they did no good. The food stuck about 2 PM, and finally about 10:30 PM they took him to scope him (endoscopy). They found the blockage about 40 cm down. And they fought to get it out or push it down for over 2 hours! They could not get it to budge! Finally they cut it, while it was stuck in the esophagus, and managed to take it out! He was hurting so bad. The nitro, made him nauseated, and his body tried to throw up, but it could not get past the blockage....his body is so sore today. We finally got to bring him home about 3 this morning. The scope shows severe damage to his esophagus, caused most likely by the balloon they used to tampenade off the blood flow when he had the GI bleed. So he is on some new meds, and in about a month they are going to try to dilate the esophagus. Today he is on Clear Liquids. I told him he is in bandster hell!!!! He got all serious and tells me, if this is how I feel when I get stuck, it is not worth it!!! I told him I don't STAY stuck for 12 hours!!! And while we occasionally back up into the esophagus, that is when it hurts, and he was that way the entire time. I was so freaking scared!!! Last time they took him to scope---they come back and told em he was bleeding to death, and we had a touch and go few days. Thankfully this was much less serious, and is actually a residual effect of the bad time.

Even with all the scare of the last 24 hours, I know Betty has had it even worse. I hope they are ok!

Anyway.....Tracy---I'll get on the clothes thing as soon as things calm down.

Everyone take care. I have avoided the scale, stress has had me doing the munchie thing.....hoping to get it under control then step on in Onederland. If not....it will be there waiting for me!

Talk to y'all later!

Kat

Oh Kat, that's so scary! I'm so, so thankful that Rick is OK. I know you'll baby him for a few days until he's right as rain. I'm so glad everything turned out ok. What a relief. Give him a big hug for us all -- you too. And teach him how to chew like a bandster.

Betty -- I know you won't see this for a few days, but I'm really thinking about you hard today. I feel strongly that Alan is going to be OK, but I am praying hard for you and can't wait to get an update when you have a minute.

Eficka, you're just flat out gorgeous. No other word for it.

Margi, welcome to the thread! Your surgery is going to be great. I can't wait for April 12th to be behind you. We're all here to answer whatever questions we can for you. You're almost through the hardest part -- the waiting.

Alan is a wonder-Poppops (Grandpa in our family "talk")..........he's doing great! In and out of surgery - no problems, off the ventilator in 4 hours, up in a chair this eve............hurting but............happy to be alive!

Kat - hug that guy for me - tell him enough already - I hope they'll be able to do that fix soon! Our guys have to settle down and let us have all the attention again - that's how it's supposed to be!

I've been up for a couple of days - gonna get into the shower and crash......almost fell asleep at the wheel coming home.

Betty, That is such a huge blessing! I hope you can sleep now.

PLEASE don't fall asleep at the wheel! That is too scary.

Much love to you and Alan!

Yay, I did it!

I walked 3/4 of a mile this morning and actually 50yrds of it were jogged, lol. I stopped to show my daughter how to stretch because she wanted to start running and I told her she'd better stretch first. By the time we'd finished with that, DH was way ahead of us. So we jogged to catch up, hehe. That track is nice and cushy but I don't want to push it too soon. We spent about 30 minutes and had to walk a bit to get to the track and back to the car. I feel great! I am soo tired though, I know I am gonna need to crash as soon as the adrenaline rush is over. I only got 2 hrs last night but I still got up. I am patting myself on the back for this. Cardio wise I was feeling pretty good, we stopped short of a mile because og my hip starting to twinge, it wasn't till we were halfway back to the car that I felt that I wasn't getting enough oxygen and was getting the athletes wheeze (athsma sp?). Now I get to rest up for a day then back at it on Thursday :) I am so glad that I had this surgery and that I have started to excersize again. My 13yr old step daughter is 5'2" and 185lbs, I really worry about her, I have spent the last 3 years trying to teach her to eat healthy but nothing has sunk in. Now all of a sudden she has started taking my size portions on her plate when she is with us and now she is choosing to walk with us in the morning too.

Yay, Molly!!! Dancing bananas for you!

:) :) :)

That's FANTASTIC that you got out with your family and did your walk/run! Keep up the great work. I know how good that must have felt. You're already a huge inspiration for your stepdaughter and it's only going to get better the more exercise you do. She's at a great age to learn from you.

You made my day! Woohoo!