Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of encouragement

I feel so down and depressed. I was banded on Sept 18th and had my first fill, but I just can not seem to get to the green zone and find myself extremely hungry during the day. I am trying to snack on healthy stuff like organic banana chips or drink a bottle of Water when I get the hungry feeling, but I'm not seeing pounds coming off. I am exercising as well. I go next week for my second fill and I am already at 7 of a 14 band. Why can't I get the satisfied feeling once I have a meal? ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am 5 months banded now. i just got my 3rd fill. i have 5 cc in a 10 cc band. i am for the first time feeling satisfied between meals. i am also being real careful not to overeat. my doctor spends a lot of time going over Protein, carbs,fats, sugars,and calories i am allowed with each meal. this takes a lot of time, but i know i will be more successful than just eyeing and hoping i got it right. i don't think i am all the way into the green zone but between fills i am really reading, learning and educating myself about diet, exercise and the band. don't fret everyone is different. you will feel it. it is a nice feeling because i don't think about food all the time.

I had my first fill 1 months after surgery...and it was a good aggressive fill....I was scheduled to come back in another month...

In the time between my first fill ad the next appointment, I GAINED weight.....I felt defeated, disappointing, and angry to think I went through all this and get nothing in return...the staff were telling me I had to count calories, measure portions, and keep a food journal...all of which are sound practices to loose weight....but I DID NOT NEED SURGERY TO DO ALL THAT AGAIN!!!!!

Fortunately my Dr. is very practical, and as down and discouraged as I was, he took it all in stride and laughed at me...he made me accept the fact that the band was simply installed at that point, but not really operating the way it was designed to do, an that it would take a few adjustments to get there, and at the same time, I would be forced to adjust my eating habits, foods, etc, in order to adapt to the band....

As I did get more fills, the "Silly Rules" they spoke about so much suddenly began to make sense...and to follow then at that point was the only way to live with the band....

I feel so down and depressed. I was banded on Sept 18th and had my first fill, but I just can not seem to get to the green zone and find myself extremely hungry during the day. I am trying to snack on healthy stuff like organic banana chips or drink a bottle of Water when I get the hungry feeling, but I'm not seeing pounds coming off. I am exercising as well. I go next week for my second fill and I am already at 7 of a 14 band. Why can't I get the satisfied feeling once I have a meal? ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banana chips is not going to help with feeling full........eat more Protein...protein helps with this..

if you are truly hungry, eat...you are not on a diet anymore..you say you are exercising, are you losing inches?? are your clothes getting to big?? if so, then you are losing no matter if the scale is not moving as fast as you liked...you are still healing from surgery as its only been a little over 2 weeks...you need to calm down, eat to live and not live to eat..

stay busy, read, walk, drink alot and do something besides weighin all the time...sounds like you are dong okay....give your self a break..give yourself a chance before you start saying you are down and discouraged.

how can i say that? 17 months ago, i was weighing in at 336...it was either try or get bigger.

I am very new to the Band and this forum. I don't really have enough knowledge to even pretend to offer you good advice but that wasn't the point of your post, was it? The one thing that I do know without any doubt whatsoever is that this is not a SPRINT. This is a MARATHON and it is one you and I will be running for many years to come. The fact that you underwent the procedure, that you find yourself on these forums publicly seeking encouragement from relative strangers leads me believe that what you might need above all is a simple reminder. You are very brave and your are special. It takes guts and determination to get this far. Don't Ever Forget, nothing worthwhile is easy. This forum is full of great advice and people that care. Your MD has a vested interest in your success...lean on them. If you need encouragement then please go to the nearest mirror and reintroduce yourself to one of the bravest people you will ever meet...

banana chips is not going to help with feeling full........eat more Protein...protein helps with this..

if you are truly hungry, eat...you are not on a diet anymore..you say you are exercising, are you losing inches?? are your clothes getting to big?? if so, then you are losing no matter if the scale is not moving as fast as you liked...you are still healing from surgery as its only been a little over 2 weeks...you need to calm down, eat to live and not live to eat..

stay busy, read, walk, drink alot and do something besides weighin all the time...sounds like you are dong okay....give your self a break..give yourself a chance before you start saying you are down and discouraged.

how can i say that? 17 months ago, i was weighing in at 336...it was either try or get bigger.

What CG says.....PROTEIN is the magic key with the band. It will keep you satisfied for longer, on smaller portions. Banana chips are fried bananas; pure sugar and fat. They are also a slider food, which won't do anything stave off hunger. Bandster hell sucks.....no better way to say it. Until the fills bring you right into the green zone, you really have to white knuckle it. Ugh....it's hard, I know. But soon enough, the really hard parts of this process will be behind you. Hang in there... ;)