Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach Growling

Is it normal to hear your stomach growling all the time with the band? Over the last few months, I've heard sounds I've never heard before.

Now that I'm banded it sounds so empty and loud. Is that normal? Or am I hungry (but not really hungry)?

It is in the beginning. After a while it diminishes for most of us. It's just your stomach wringing out the last of the food left in your stomach. It can also be due to hunger and other issues but usually it's just your stomach contractions wringing out what's left in your stomach. jmo

My grand kids think I have an Alien in my stomach because of all the gurgling and growling noise.

It seem to happen more while the entire family gathers for a nice meal and I believe the Alien just wants to be included.

Last week my stomach growled so loudly that the cat jumped up from a sound sleep and stared around the room for the monster!

Pretty normal at 1st. I don't, usually, get growling anymore, now, but I am 4 years out!

I'm still gurgling lol. I have 7 cats and when these wired noises come out of me they all have that "deer in the headlight" look. I crack up when they stop dead in their tracks when I start gurgling!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having issues with a noisy stomach. What I would like to ask is, is there any way to stop the gurgling? I am filled with dread at work or work trainings while anticipating the beginning of the gurgling sounds.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having issues with a noisy stomach. What I would like to ask is' date=' is there any way to stop the gurgling? I am filled with dread at work or work trainings while anticipating the beginning of the gurgling sounds.[/quote']

Sadly, I have no answer for that. I'm always taking seminars for my job and sit close to other people. It does get to be a lesser problem once you! Get to the elusive green zone. Gurgling is a fact of life with the lapband

That's why I named my band Tony, because it sounds like I have tiger in my belly all the time. :P