Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased Appetite...

Okay, so I have done really good so far and I have lost 32 pounds (I need to update my lil ticker thing!). However, I am finding it harder and harder to control my appetite. I get hungrier faster and I feel like I need to eat more than 1 cup of food at a time. My doctor is very adament that I dont snack and keep to my three cups of food a day. I know that I need a fill but the Dr had to reschedule my fill appointment and now I have to wait well over a week now. I informed his office that I am having a hard time but I didnt get any help.

So, the question(s) I have are:

Is it ever okay to snack?

Is it ever okay to eat more than 1 cup at a time?

Im frustrated at this point because I have to have extra energy since I am starting to work out AND I am opening my own business. The last two days has been about pulling up carpet and laying tile, and Im exhausted even though I barely did any hard work. So, I have no energy and Im running on fumes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Okay, so I have done really good so far and I have lost 32 pounds (I need to update my lil ticker thing!). However, I am finding it harder and harder to control my appetite. I get hungrier faster and I feel like I need to eat more than 1 cup of food at a time. My doctor is very adament that I dont snack and keep to my three cups of food a day. I know that I need a fill but the Dr had to reschedule my fill appointment and now I have to wait well over a week now. I informed his office that I am having a hard time but I didnt get any help.

So, the question(s) I have are:

Is it ever okay to snack?

Is it ever okay to eat more than 1 cup at a time?

Im frustrated at this point because I have to have extra energy since I am starting to work out AND I am opening my own business. The last two days has been about pulling up carpet and laying tile, and Im exhausted even though I barely did any hard work. So, I have no energy and Im running on fumes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Yes, it is OK to snack..healthy Snacks and preferably Protein. eat two snacks one in the morning and one in the afternoon and make sure you are eating plenty of protein so you are not so hungry. eating more than 3 times a day keeps your metabolism up. I do and have lost weight without a fill at all. No JUNK food. Also add a few extra veggies at lunch and dinner to help fill you.

For me, its never OK to snack. Once I start I dont stop, I just pick pick pick. I really really need to get back on track and just say no eating between meals ever.

I fill up quite fast at mealtime, so I ahve adequate restriction there, its just the picking and head hunger that do me in. And I dont think there's a fill level that will actually stop that.

So it depends on you really, and what works best for you. Snacking is trouble for me.

I can eat more than a cup but I need to, I run a lot and need the energy.

I really appreciate your advice! With doing remodeling on my studio AND running after 5 kids, I have felt like a zombie for the past week or so. It is great knowing that I can snack on healthy food and not feel guilty about it.

I am still curious on more than a cup full of food...is a cup the maximum I am supposed to eat? There have been times that I needed to eat more but I cut myself off because of that one rule. I have pretty good control for a big gal but I dont know how far that control will take me...hopefully until next week at least. But I am more worried about being in this situation "next time".

Thanks!