Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The office is in an oppressive state today. It’s that time of the year, budgets are on the table and belts are being tightened. It’s a necessary step in the corporate culture, there is a certain amount of housekeeping that needs to be done. Going through the cupboards taking inventory of the stock on the shelves as we head into the winter months. They are known for being the lean months of the year, where resources tend to be scarce and harder to find.

In our world of fast food and instant gratification, our resources are all but scarce we can travel out our door to the nearest corner store and find just about all we need to last us through a long winter. We no longer need to squirrel away or pack our pantry’s full of food.< /p>

The mood is sullen here in the office as everyone fears they are going to be the Thanksgiving turkey and their heads might be next on the chopping block. It’s a worrisome thought for many to be sure, but it had me thinking of ways I too have been making similar changes in my personal life.

Over the last few months I have been cleaning out my house. Early on I cleaned out the cupboards and got rid of all the junk that found its way into the dark cavernous corners of my closets. I lightened the load on the can goods that were over full of sodium and tend to only bloat us while providing little nutrition.

I created a space with a set of clear plastic drawers where we could see what good foods were available and what foods we needed to replace after consuming. Recently I have begun taking an inventory of all my clothing, and finding that I need to tighten my belt literally!

It’s that time of year to take stock in what you have, what you need and what you can donate or share with others who might be in need and what you can just let go of all together.

For me I’m happy to say I am able to donate some clothes, coats and shoes, even as I need to purchase replacements I can do so sparingly as I continue to tighten my belt. With the help of a few new and old friends, and some loved ones I have been able to create a strategic network of people to surround myself with who are there to help me and provide the support that I need to be successful in reaching my goals. Together we are strong and with each of our individual strengths we are able to lift each other up as needed and sustain each other in the goals they have set.

Today with all the instant fixes we have it’s easy to let things that no longer serve pile up and weigh us down and I realize there is no time like the present to clean out under your desk, under your bed, in your drawers, closets, cupboards and minds. Take the time to clear out the cobwebs, dust off the things that work but may have been forgotten and put them back in service or pass them forward. Discard the things that are broken or no longer fit into your life and over all lighten the load.

As oppressive as the mood around me has been this morning I am feeling lighter quite literally, and as I look back over the last nearly 6 months I see the changes that my husband and I have made and continue to make in our lives. As the holiday’s approach I am thinking of all that I am grateful for, and all that I still want out of life. Putting it all into perspective, and looking forward to plotting our next steps. We are leaner then we were a year ago, we are lightening up and tightening our belts tying up our sneakers and ready to hit the ground running!

As this holiday season approaches, what are you doing to lighten up? What are you grateful for? And what are your plans for the future?

post-351142-13838373832671_thumb.jpg

I am VERY thankful for YOU! :rolleyes: A blessing to have gotten to know you!

You are a wonderful person and a true support.

Thanks for being you! :wub:

What a great post!! This year I'm immensely grateful for my health, my children and my new very special friend CF, who has been my biggest supporter during this entire journey. And for that, I am eternally grateful.