Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLEASE TELL ME I'M IN THE GREEN ZONE!

Well, I think it has finally happened but I'm not sure.

I'm at a travel convention and normally I can eat whatever I want but am careful of my calorie count. So, normally, I still may feel a little hungry and have to play a head game to tell me I've had enough. Well, two days in a row I have literally had to stop eating after a few bites of food. I feel if I take another bite I'll get sick or stuck. This has happened for two days in a row and I'm not hungry! That's a good thing right?

For all you newbies it does not happen overnight.

I was banded 12/28/12. I have had 8 fills (my doctor is very conservative with his fills). Anyway, I'm hoping this is the green zone because I can honestly say now that about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food literally fills me up now. I was actually wasting food and that never used to happen. I love it! I love my band but I love the fact that I was patient and it didn't happen overnight. I had a good mental attitude pre-band and made my mind up that it would not happen overnight and that I would be patient with a positive mental attitude! Wishing everyone well on their band journey and to please be patient. It will happen!

I'm GREEN with envy sounds like you are there! I think I am almost there, it's so hard to waste food! The hubs and I went out for our anniversary and we shared, yes shared a slice of cheese cake! We couldn't even finish that between us after having dinner, and left some on the plate. Now that was a sin!! It was really awesome cheese cake too, but it just had to be done.

:wub:

you didn't fly to the convention did you?

Well, I think it has finally happened but I'm not sure.

I'm at a travel convention and normally I can eat whatever I want but am careful of my calorie count. So, normally, I still may feel a little hungry and have to play a head game to tell me I've had enough. Well, two days in a row I have literally had to stop eating after a few bites of food. I feel if I take another bite I'll get sick or stuck. This has happened for two days in a row and I'm not hungry! That's a good thing right?

For all you newbies it does not happen overnight.

I was banded 12/28/12. I have had 8 fills (my doctor is very conservative with his fills). Anyway, I'm hoping this is the green zone because I can honestly say now that about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food literally fills me up now. I was actually wasting food and that never used to happen. I love it! I love my band but I love the fact that I was patient and it didn't happen overnight. I had a good mental attitude pre-band and made my mind up that it would not happen overnight and that I would be patient with a positive mental attitude! Wishing everyone well on their band journey and to please be patient. It will happen!

That is but one of the things I experience everyday....no matter what is offered, and no matter how much I put on my plate....I can only eat so much and I have to stop...

One of the attributes is "Good Portion Control" and that is what I get...because of this, I stopped counting calories as well as portion sizes...since I know my intake is going to be limited, all I need to do is choose to eat smart...make good choices...if I started with the mashed potatoes for instance, 3-4 swallows and I would be finished with my entire meal, never getting to the important stuff...so I always start with the good high Protein foods, then not really get the chance for the bad...

Also, as you said, I don't mind or miss not being able to "Over eat" because I'm not feeling hungry or have any food cravings to begin with....another attribute of the Green Zone - no hunger.

When you've got these things working for you, then the weight stat to melt away naturally....sprinkle in some exercise and burn away that stored fat deposits and tone up the skin/body.....

Also, these things can come and go, but once you know what it is like then the chore is to get back to that magical place...I use different little maintenance techniques to maintain it, not requiring any more fills....

Does not get any better than that!!!!

sounds like you are in it to me...its a great feeling huh :)

i like b52, and you, can only eat so much, so i make sure its good/healthy choices

why i truly believe the band i have controls my quantity and i merely control the quality i eat.

GOOD for you..have fun at the convention