Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing something wrong????????

I would not worry if you are doing everything right. is it the time of month for you?

I never thought of cheating because I was so afraid I would mess up everything, so just keep doing what you are doing. I see on this site about people that cheat really bad and then wonder, what went wrong. Maybe keep away from the 'metal monster', I should talk, I weigh myself about 6 times a day/night.

I *think* I'm doing everything right. I hadn't thought about it being TOM but that's possible since I don't really have a flow but still have the hormonal changes associated with all of that. I should probably just put the scales up and not get them back out until my surgery day. I don't know if I have the willpower to do that though!lol...I can resist the food and the soft drinks but I'm not sure about the scale!

Stop weighing and start believing! Trust me - Get off the scales. Do the 2 weeks and see where you are the very last day! XO :wub:

Thank you! I will do my best to stay away from the scales and just have faith that if I'm doing everything right and following my diet, it'll work out the way it should. I really am worried more about making sure my liver shrinks enough for the surgery more than I do the scale moving though. I was just afraid that, if the scale didn't move, neither would the fat in my liver. I promise to try to focus more on the positive though.

Sounds like Water retention. Try backing off of the bouillonn a little and see if that helps.

I didn't have any today. I'm far enough in now that I'm not really hungry so I didn't have any "salt" cravings. It's actually getting kind of difficult to get in all the shakes and plenty of Water much less anything else. I've had my shakes, 2 sf popsicles, and 3 bottles of water. I need to try to squeeze in at least 1 more bottle of water. Actually, I'm trying to figure out how to loosely schedule my shakes and water so that I get them all in AND they're pretty evenly spaced. Anyway, not having the bouillon may help cuz you're right-lots of sodium=water retention.

Believe it or not, they would still likely do your surgery even without a loss. Its just less risky to damaging your liver and alot less strenuous on them if the liver is shrunk.

Are you having broth/stock or bullion? I ask because bullion is extremely high is sodium. Seriously, that stuff is like a tiny, meaty salt lick of goodness in your bowl. And if you are using more than one cube/spoonful, well, you are seriously sodium loading. Try switching to low sodium broth/stock instead and flush with lots of Water and see if that helps. :D

I've been using the bouillon cubes because that's what they told me I could have. Although, looking at the nutrition information, I don't see why I couldn't just do the liquid chicken stock?

Let me tell you not everyone loses a lot on pre-op diet I certainly didn't, and I hope you don't get too discouraged after only 5 days or this journey will be longer than it has to be, I'm not trying to be to critical but weight loss takes time and you haven't even been banded yet there is still all the pre-op time and then 4-6 weeks of post-op time when losing a lot of weight is unrealistic for some people.

Please don't focus on the scale yet, learn to eat right and it will happen, you will hit moments when it takes forever to lose 2 ounces and other times you might lose 5 lbs. in a week, I promise if you do your part the rest will happen.

A word of caution though, stress (even stressing about the number on the scale) will slow down your progress. let this happen, be patient and be excited this can change your life in great ways like it has for so many of us!!

your not doing anything wrong except stressing...

Good luck everything will work out!

Thank you

You haven't even had surgery yet? The goal of a pre-op diet is to shrink the liver not the body. If you happen to lose weight it's just a bonus. And any weight lost will be Water as others have said.

But relax, this is a very long journey and you're not even in the starting blocks yet.

tmf

Yes, I realize that the purpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver which is why I was concerned about not losing during this time. It isn't that I want to lose weight quickly but I just want to make sure that I'm doing things right and that, whether my body shrinks or not, my liver does shrink during this time. I know I have a long journey ahead of me-I just want to make sure that I get myself off to a good start. I want to be sure I'm not making mistakes that I don't see but that others might, that's all. As long as I'm doing everything right, I'm ok with things as they are.

instead of worrying what you are doing wrong...how about focusing on what you are doing right....

and then keep doing it..

Just trying to make sure I'm not screwing it up without even realizing it. That's all.

Believe it or not, they would still likely do your surgery even without a loss. Its just less risky to damaging your liver and alot less strenuous on them if the liver is shrunk.

I'm sure you're right. And I know my surgeon well enough to know that if there's any way possible to get the band in, he'll do it no matter how long it takes him to do it. He's very good at what he does.

You haven't even had surgery yet? The goal of a pre-op diet is to shrink the liver not the body. If you happen to lose weight it's just a bonus. And any weight lost will be Water as others have said.

But relax, this is a very long journey and you're not even in the starting blocks yet.

tmf

SO TRUE!!!!!!!! I am 4 months out from surgery and STILL confused.

Slim fast has a lot of sugar? That seems odd as a pre-op diet. You may also not be getting enough calories so your body could be in shock and holding onto everything it gets.

Are you having broth/stock or bullion? I ask because bullion is extremely high is sodium. Seriously' date=' that stuff is like a tiny, meaty salt lick of goodness in your bowl. And if you are using more than one cube/spoonful, well, you are seriously sodium loading. Try switching to low sodium broth/stock instead and flush with lots of Water and see if that helps. :D[/quote'] oh yes, good point!!!