Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 post-op-starting to feel human again

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

I had my surgery on 10/24. All went well. The surgery was about 2 hours long and during that time I also had a hernia repair. These first three days have been rough. My surgeon typically does not give out narcotics and sends home patients with liquid Tylenol but I definitely needed something stronger. He gave me Norco and I've been taking that every 6 hours to the minute and I am finally starting to feel better. Maybe he had to dig around more than usual during the operation...I have no idea but I could not even sit up by myself for the first 2 days :( On a positive note I am so thankful for everyone here who prayed for me. The surgery went off without a hitch. My appetite is revving back up and I cannot wait to start mushies. I have been craving eggs and cottage cheese since pre-op lol. I have also lost 13 pounds so far because of the pre-op diet so that is major motivation to stay strong. Anywho, just thought I would check-in. Have a fabulous day everyone. P.S.- Isn't my English bulldog the cutest? (He's my profile pic and in his costume for Halloween this year; a cow!)

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

I had my surgery on 10/24. All went well. The surgery was about 2 hours long and during that time I also had a hernia repair. These first three days have been rough. My surgeon typically does not give out narcotics and sends home patients with liquid Tylenol but I definitely needed something stronger. He gave me Norco and I've been taking that every 6 hours to the minute and I am finally starting to feel better. Maybe he had to dig around more than usual during the operation...I have no idea but I could not even sit up by myself for the first 2 days :( On a positive note I am so thankful for everyone here who prayed for me. The surgery went off without a hitch. My appetite is revving back up and I cannot wait to start mushies. I have been craving eggs and cottage cheese since pre-op lol. I have also lost 13 pounds so far because of the pre-op diet so that is major motivation to stay strong. Anywho, just thought I would check-in. Have a fabulous day everyone. P.S.- Isn't my English bulldog the cutest? (He's my profile pic and in his costume for Halloween this year; a cow!)

Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Hi Faithful, love the cow! Glad you are coming out of a few rough days -- I hope today is stellar. I know what you mean about the scrambled egg and cottage cheese cravings. When do you go on mushies? Isn't it great to have such healthy cravings -- that relationship with the body back into place, able to listen to signals for the right foods, etc. Next Tuesday is my big day then those weeks of clear to full liquids to soft foods and mushies.......I am so excited about everything. Good luck to you! PS when can you exercise?

Thanks! Bandista to answer your questions...I can go to mushies around 10 days post op so that would be Sunday. And it definitely is very nice to have more healthy cravings :) I began walking the day of surgery but cannot do high impact or weight exercises (or lift anything over 20lbs) until I get clearance from my surgeon. Typically he will at the 2 week post op visit so we shall see. Even when I was in pain I walked a lot to get all that darn gas out!

Congrats to you! Glad your feeling better and welcome to bandland!