Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I keep reading posts that recommend using a blender for making smoothies and for pureeing foods during certain phases of the post-op diet. Anyone have recommendations on a good, reasonably priced blender? I'm going to have to buy one but I'm on a budget so I need some advice here. Thanks!

I got the NutraBullet. Watch for it on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and then use the 20% coupon or Kohl's with a sale and one of their 30% coupons. I think I got mine after discounts for $79. Don't make the mistake of grabbing the cheaper magic bullet.

You don't even need one that cost over $20. You can use a simple blender they even have tiny ones now that are about 2 cups, and you can use those to puree just the right amount of food for your band.

If you are thinking of juicing and/or making smoothies, watch the calories here! It's easy to drink excess calories that will not fill you up, but slide right through the band and not stimulate it to feel satisfied.

Best of luck to you!

The blender is my best friend, and I have used it every morning for Breakfast since being banded...so I invested in a top of the line "Vitamix Professional" at Williams & Sonoma for big $$...but it is essential for me to have....

If you are thinking of juicing and/or making smoothies, watch the calories here! It's easy to drink excess calories that will not fill you up, but slide right through the band and not stimulate it to feel satisfied.

Has that been your experience?? smoothies do satisfy me, and I have a hard time finishing just one every morning, without taking my time....sometimes I have to take it with me in the car...

B-52 what do you make in your Vitamix? I have one also..and I never use it. Spent all that $ cause my sister in law said I really needed to get it, but...I just don't use it much at all.

Has that been your experience?? smoothies do satisfy me, and I have a hard time finishing the whole thing without taking my time....

Yes, I was told by my Nutritionist that it was not good. That we should be eating solid foods for the band to work properly.

Maybe because of the level of restriction? I do notice when I drink rather then eat or have mushy foods rather then solids they do tend to slip right through and I'm hungry sooner rather then later.

I start with a scoop of 100% whey...then after that I add whatever I'm in the mood for...frozen mixed berries from costco, sometimes a 1/2 banana with some Peanut Butter, pine apple, mango, strawberry, even coffee (espresso) anything your mind can come up with,,,even ice cream!....the ideas are endless.......then I blend with 8-9 oz. of Water, sometimes soy milk..

I even experimented and added some Rum once or twice....it tasted TOO GOOD so I stopped doing that at 7am....

I have to be careful not to make it too thick, else it goes through the band very slowly...I even spit it up on occasion from over filling my pouch...for that reason I do not add ice cubes as many suggest...

This has been my breakfast every morning for over 2 years now...I cannot tolerate solids first thing on the morning...besides, what can I possibly eat, and how much....., to match the Protein and nutrition....

The blender is my best friend, and I have used it every morning for breakfast since being banded...so I invested in a top of the line "Vitamix Professional" at Williams & Sonoma for big $$...but it is essential for me to have....

i have a vitamixer also..def a martha stewart good thing

I like the Ninja. They have different sizes. I have the large one, but a smaller one would have been perfect.

~hiddn

I'm going to have to try and start using mine. I am always so pressed for time in the mornings. All my kids are grown, if only they would all move out of my house!

Getting the two youngest off to college in the morning neither has a car yet, and myself off to work leaves little to no time for more then coffee.

I usually don't eat until I well settled at my desk, which is about 3 hours after I get up in the morning. (I am NOT a morning person.) I'd like to change that, but no luck so far :)

I watched my sister in law mix up a shake for my niece, not a good suggestion for me..(she put oreo's in it) but it did show me how really easy it is to use. Mine just decorates my kitchen counter. (I know I'm bad!)