Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grumpy, but I shouldn't complain

I went to my lapband Dr on Tuesday for a fill. Apparently it's been 16 months since I've been back to see him. I have no idea how that happened, but honestly, I don't even think about my band most days. So I paid the $35 copay to see him on Tuesday only to have him tell me that since he hasn't seen my band in awhile so he wants me to go do a barium swallow so he can make sure everything is still okay before he does an adjustment. I scheduled the barium for this morning, they sent the results to him, I went back to his office and paid another $35 copay, only to have him tell me that my band looks perfect and he's not adding any Fluid b/c it would make me too tight. <_< I know, I know...I shouldn't be upset. I'm just annoyed because I was looking forward to a jump start before the holidays...oh well. I still have 5k more steps to put on my fitbit today. I'll go walk before lunch.

Silver lining: They always make a big deal over how much weight you've loss, so it's a nice self esteem boost! lol. I've apparently lost 30lbs since I last got an adjustment and I'm still losing slowly but surely...

Thirty pounds, wow! You are doing beautifully. I don't know why I latched on to the weight of a cinder block (though we have a small farm and that is a hard thing for me to lift). That is 33 pounds. Nice to get rid of one of those! Way to go!

Hey Janice, looks like your doing an awesome job! This will be my first banded holiday, and honestly I am looking forward to it!

It will be the first in many years where I am not going to walk away from the table feeling like the stuffed turkey!

I learned yesterday that I can enjoy a nice family meal, and partake in all the good food but in band proportions and still feel happy and satisfied.

We had a large multifamily gathering after the funeral service for my sister in law's Mom who passed last Saturday. Big Irish & Italian family and all the food that goes along with it. At the restaurant it was a feast to rival any wedding, starting with the bread basket, the salad with red wine vinaigrette, the stuffed clams; fried gallamad with marinara sauce...then the huge buffet of Penne ala Vodka, chicken Francesca, sausage & peppers, chicken parm...Napoleon for dessert. Awesome, celebration feast for a great lady!

Me...and the hubby....enjoyed it all on a tiny dessert plate. A bit of this, a taste of that, and we were full happy and content with our band size portions. Sure it might have only been a fork full if that of each item, but we were glad to be able to sit with everyone and enjoy it just the same.

I'm ready for the holidays! Bring em on :) This year I'm going to lose 10 pounds instead of gain!

:D

You're doing great Janiece. The closer you get to goal the slower the weight comes off. I've been down there once before complications and am slowly headed back to goal again.

The best thing I discovered was changing my workouts up helps a lot. Right now I'm unable to because I herniated a disc in my back lifting chicken feed (wishing the bag was the size of a cinder block ;) So it's slow going on the workout front.

33 lbs in 16 months is a good thing. Think about it by spring you should be at goal :)

It's not even really about the weightloss, I guess I just felt like I should need an adjustment after 16 months...and I paid $70 (and got a belly full of barium) just to end up leaving the office the same way I came! lol

I hope the barium tasted good;) Lol, I hate the taste of it. I believe in the annual check ups. I went in for mine recently and found out that I was missing some Fluid, so It's a good thing to do. And it also lets that dr. know you're still on track. Congrats!

I try to look at things like this, well it only cost me $70.00 to know I am healthy, that's money well spent :)

Well said, well worth the 70 bucks . Small cost for piece of mind knowing everything is good.

Unfortunately, I'm still young and suffer from the delusion of invincibility.... :rolleyes: so I'm still kinda grumpy about spending unnecessary money.