Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help and Support

I was banded back in 2007. I have a 4 cc band. I did good first few years lost over 100lbs and had a Tummy Tuck back in 2010 I was doing great. Then in 2011 I was having some issues with depression and a bad marriage. I was in the hospital twice and not able to keep anything down. Long story short I was very ill and had dilated esophagus and my band was emptied. It took 6 months before fills could start again and I'm currently at 2.5 cc for last year and a half. Since this happened...I divorced and remarried.. and am much happier except about my weight. When I was sick I got down to 143 but I wasn't healthy now I'm up to 186 and healthy but I am struggling to loose weight. I'm happy at 165. You'd think loosing 21 lbs would be easy seeing my highest was 319 but it isn't. Has anyone else experienced weight gain? I just feel sick about this weight.

Cheryl, that's a lot of stuff to deal with in such a short amount of time! I know for me, when I get stressed or have a lot going on in my life, I tend to hang on to weight and not lose anything. I know that you're happier in your personal life now, but I think it can take our bodies (and psyches!) to figure out "Hey, it's ok, things are good now."

Are you eating enough Protein? Drinking enough Water? I would scale it back down to the basic stuff we're all told in the beginning of this journey and start there. Totally overhaul your diet/activity routines and see if it makes a difference.

Good luck!! I'm so glad that things are going so much better in your life now. :)

Just go back to the beginning! Tomorrow is a new day for you - just put all of the bad things that has happened to you over the last few years & think of your new husband and your family! You've lost the weight before & I just know you can do it! Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Just go back to the beginning! Tomorrow is a new day for you - just put all of the bad things that has happened to you over the last few years & think of your new husband and your family! You've lost the weight before & I just know you can do it! Take care! Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Yup that's what my doc said. If I'm having a rough spot. He said, start from square one. Cycle back to the beginning. And you know what, I pretty much have been and it does work. Or I go simple all Protein. I want results.

As time goes on it has gotten easier.

I too was banded in 2007 and gaining the weight back. Starting from the beginning is good advice.

For me its stopping the liquid calories, trying to burn some calories everyday, I have a job that I sit at all day. And solid Protein in the appropriate measurements, 3 oz and stopping after one serving not grazing.

Best of luck.

I have also gained a lot of my weight back. I was loosing super slow from the beginning, but after I had a really tight moment, and had to have all my liquid removed things went from bad to worse. Then my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Alot of traveling lead to emotional eating, and not being able to exercise as I normally did. After she died I moved home to take care of my special needs brother. Since that time I also married. With all that was already going on in my life, I haven't been the best wife. I couldn't get a job, etc., and all if these things have lead to a lot of eating.

Things are now looking up. I have a new surgeon, and I plan to get a fill before the month is out. I just have to schedule a late appt. I want this so bad. I can do this. Its a struggle, but no pain no gain right? I have started pilates, zumba and swimming. I want to incorporate kickboxing and some weights. Its been a struggle to find my new normal, but I know I will.