Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, i did my step aerobics today...and that to me is wonderful

i could have said my knees hurt (they do as its rainy and i guess that old wives tale is true)..

but i chose to do it any way..i could have said its the weekend and took the day off..but i again

made that choice to do what is right for my body..sure i could have come up many reasons why not

but i thought of one reason why to do it...because i have to..because i need to and because i WANT to

my ole man, my friends, my dr cannot make me eat healthy foods and exercise or believe in myself...

that is up to me...it is me who will make this band/plication work..or not

i choose to..i also choose to get to my goal

dont know when as its not a race but if i keep going....keep doing what i am doing, i WILL get there...and so will you

:) Miss hearing from you!....I need to get on a walking schedule! Need to make time for just ME! :rolleyes:

Always easier said than done...but I must!

Keep movin' and groovin' girl...it's paying off! You look GREAT!

Choosing ourselves first is so powerful. For me choosing to get the band is really a gift to myself, the gift of health, of reconnection with my body, increased energy -- I am so excited about this upcoming surgery. Getting all my ducks lined up, including the exercise component, which is huge. Also really paying attention to eating patterns so post-band I will hopefully be able to ride out tough times and know that I can do it. Happy Saturday everybody!

ok, halloween party......what a trip...what a great time we had

talk about food an drink and a very bad karoke singer

so i ate my Protein before we went to party..

because it was my dinner time......and i also know that

i am not on a diet and i can whatever i want..and i was going to eat something..its a party after all

i think we all know what is considered good or bad foods

but its a shame any food must be labeled bad......i think it should be not such a great choice...so at this party, there was good choices and not so good choices

10373838945_8f9b05556c_m.jpg

there was chips/dips, cakes, Cookies, cupcakes, finger foods, meatballs etc...

what wonderful food lay out...

so what did carolina girl eat..did she eat?

you betcha......and did i beat myself up, or say i shouldnt have ate that? NOPE

i got some apple slices, some crackers and some mexi cheese dip and (gasp) a chocolate cupcake that had a tombstone on it....it was what i wanted......and it was good..and i sipped bottled Water throughout the party...as i find i dont really drink anymore

and ole gal won the costume contest too..and here i am:

10374053716_d60367297b_m.jpg

and yesterday, i did my aerobics, and we did some shopping at walmart...its a super store and when you walk from one side to the other, its a great walk.....and now i ask hub to park way out in the parking lot, just so i can walk farther..little things add up to big results....

today i will do my aerobics, walk, eat great and try to support people like me on this forum..

but if you read this, unless you help yourself, get off the excuse bus and do it....nothing

no one advises you,will help.....you gotta wanna.......and then get on with it

Love the costumes lol and that is great you won as you are a winner anyway cause your winning your life and health and body back .

well since i cant blog, i just have to post here for now......

i came home and it was still sorta sunny out warm and in the low 70s....

i texted hub to let us go walking.....so he and kabo were waiting for me

and i got my nikes on and off we went.....i asked hub when we were done, how

far did we walk....i had no idea but it was a mile exactly...

i gave myself a high five..

well its a tuesday......and our blogs wont be up until the 28th....hm..i guess i will just post here til whenever/cows come home....so if you dont want to read, alot...

i suggest going to another thread...haha

today i am wearing jeans to work....size 16s....that itself is amazing and something

i never ever thought id see again....but here i sit.....and i feel (great)....not just me being healthier and all the drama from where i came from/started at my highest but today.....i can wear reg clothes..jeans/sweater...

this time last year and 2 yrs before that, i wore elastic skirts..big bright colored prints.....3 to 5 x skirts....to cover and go around my massive girth...that is what i wore..to cover...to fit...

as if no one would see the stomach...the area where my massive over eating

the wrong type foods ended up......not to mention my butt that needed its own zip code.........and thighs that could start forest fires with their own friction..

so to me, little things i use to not be able to do, mean the world to me.

me wearing a pair of jeans (gloria vanderbilt no less) and a nice size large

sweater....that is my band showing me that with alittle ump from me, that i

can and have done this.....

lose inches...sure i have lost weight....i cant tell you what i weight as i dont

have a scale.....but i am under 200....how great is that....esp when one started well over 300..;

i am not focused on getting to a number.....sure i have one in mind....but

if i can get into 12/14's, id be a happy b**tch

what other little things??

last night, i went walking with hub...and kabo the doberman....and i walked a mile...i sure did.....my left hurt was hurting but i kept going...at my pace....sure hub and dog was slower than they usually walked but i was lapping those who were just sitting on the couch.....and saying what i use to say, i wish i could lose weight...

get up.....if you cant walk *like me 16 months ago*, march in place for 5 min..

do anything....anything is better than nothing.

and walking through the grocery store...i walk up and down the aisles as i can now....it is amazing to find pleasure in things that you use to not be able to..

think about it....i mean pick one thing that makes you go, yeah its worth it..

i have many...

fitting in reg bathroom stall

putting my own socks ON...

seat belt in car fitting properly

not being embarrassed walking with hub somewhere

and the the positive outweighs the foods i (use to eat/miss)....

by a mile.....no way am i ever going back to that picture on my profile in green

​These are true and funny. I have a very large foot for a female that is 5'5 1/2". My whole life my father would say I could stamp out forest fires. Your friction comment made me think of that and another one. Many moons ago we did a day trip to Martha's Vineyard. It is just a boat ride for me and about a 1 hour car ride to the boat. We went walking to the nude beach, yes I was fat then, too. So we are walking along and I am in clothes, shorts to be exact. I complained that I was chafed. The fatonmythighs were so big that I was miserable. Hub asked a nude man for directs and I said, how can you look at a person and his penis is just hanging there. It was an experience.