Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I only THOUGHT I had been stuck before...

Took a few bites of chicken and man oh man...threw up and now 30 minutes later and still spitting up tiny pieces. Seems to be a tinge of blood in the mixture as well. Is it possible something tore or I threw up too hard or something?

Has anyone had this experience before?

How long does it take to subside?

Should I drink or NOT drink at the moment?

Should I walk to help it out?

I am SO thankful for this forum and the friends I have made here.

Certainly not hungry now...

On 3rd fill - 3 weeks ...

at.6.5 w/14cc band...

do experience restriction and being uncomfortable w/the last fill...

Surgery was 6.21.13

If you really threw up, as in hurling, and you have blood in your saliva, call your doctor. If you just PB'd then just let what's still plugging the stoma pass and stick to cold fluids for a day. food in your pouch is exposed to stomach acids and will break food down within a few hours. If it doesn't, call your doctor.

Not sure about the tinge of blood. Keep an eye on this. Stay on warm liquids the rest of the day. Take in small sips, if you feel pain. Rule of thumb on stuck episodes - If you are stuck for more than an hour you should do liquids for one day, mushies the next day or so depending on how you feel. What's happened is you've made everything swell with the stuck episode and intensified it with the throwing up and have to take it easy for a few days to allow the swelling to go down. I doubt you tore anything, but, you should call your doc just in case. jake

Internal bleeding is a good excuse to contact your doctor at the very least.

The previous poster said cold liquids. My doc's tells me warm. All doctors are different. At this point I would contact your doc.

I had the same thing happen once , all I did was walk for 10 in around the house did dishes by hand and then I took a a small sip of cold Water to see if the Water stayed down or not , cause I don't drink when I eat and I have to wait 15-30 in after so I took a small sip and it didn't stay down so I waited again and all was fine I don't like the real, real stuck sliming episodes , there no good at all.

Thanks guys! This entire episode lasted about 2 hours! I feel like I have been through the wringer! WOW! I haev sipped Water all afternoon and will remain on very soft foods for today AND tomorrow. THAT was a scary feeling. I will also be IN the Dr's. office Monday am for double measure. Thanks for all the information! Have a great weekend!

When ever you have a very bad stuck episode please go on liquids for a few days, and you probably need to call your surgeons office and see what they recommend.

Blood can be from a tear in the esophagus, getting food stuck (obstruction) can be a horrible experience as you have seen and can last for HOURS, or sometimes require a visit to the ER -- until all the stuck food comes up, this is why I warn newbies if they are going to try to eat chicken on a tight band it has to be moist and eaten with caution.

1. If I saw blood I would freak out and be at the surgical center so fast your head would spin.

2. I also have heard WARM liquids. They can help things pass.

3. Our instructions are liquids the rest of the day after the stuck episode, then mushies and then back to normal.

Good luck and either go in or make that phone call! Keep us posted!

The previous poster said cold liquids. My doc's tells me warm. All doctors are different. At this point I would contact your doc.

Cold is usually the cure for swelling. They put ice on swollen knees, shoulders and elbows. Ideally using a combo of ice cold and then warm liquids could help shrink the swelling and then the warm Fluid could stimulate blood flow. It's easy to do on limbs but kindof difficult for a swollen stomach so I usually suggest just cold. A steady flow of warm fluids could cause more swelling. Just my opinion of course.

tmf

The two "stucks" that I have experienced, Water made the matter worse. But I excused myself from the table and I jumped up as high as I could and then down, several minutes, like a pogo stick or like plunging a clogged toilet. I wanted the same effect of the push through the opening and it worked rather quickly. I did this the other time as well with great results.

The secret is eat the proper foods and if you do, chew and chew and chew before swallowing.

Thanks for information everyone! Back for an unfill of .5 yesterday and now on liquids. Took it REAL easy over the weekend. I NEVER EVER EVER want to experiece that again!!! Now I am scared to eat chicken!?!?!?

When they say a NEW life style - they TRULY MEAN a "NEW LIFE STYLE"!!! Some days I feel deprived and disapointed I had this done. Hopefully the weight will start dropping and IT WILL ALL be a million times worth the pain and aggrivation. I don't care to cook anymore...not go out to eat. By the time I eat a tiny meal - it's cold. SMH!?!?!?!!