Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi i was banded a week ago and have felt pretty good just sore. So yesterday i lifted a bag of groceries that might have been too heavy. afterward i did not feel very good a little pain. now i feel just a different kind of sore in different spots that i had been feeling before. So my question is ... if i messed something up in there with the band would i for sure know it and be feeling alot of pain? Am i paranoid? i know the best thing to do is call dr but like i said its not really painful just a different sore feeling. And i know most veteran banders are pretty helpful and encouraging so just wanted to see what yall had to say about it before i start calling and making a big fuss.

Hi eat :)

Sounds like you overexerted yourself. Just listen to your body. Once you feel any strain, stop. I'm currently recovering from cosmetic surgery and it's the same. You do something because you feel up to it but than your muscles are sore afterwards. Just take it easy and try to rest those sore spots.

If you actually did anything major like ripping out stitches, slipped the band etc it's going to be acute pain, not soreness. Never hurts to share this w/ your doc but follow your instincts (which yours sound spot on)

OK GOOD!! thank you for your input. Congrats on your cosmetic surgery i bet you look like a million more bucks when you fully recover! That is very exciting!! post some pix when it starts looking better!

I did that, too! Lifted a box and rested it on my stomach as fat people tend to do, oh so sorry for that! Just take it easy.

i hardly have any problems with band discomfort but once in awhile it just plain hurts. when i walk i hold onto it and can feel a bit of swelling. its not painful just hurts. i am 41/2 months out so i expect that this might occur once in awhile.

Rest and next tie you see your doc tell them about it so they can check also you will get different pains so just take it easy unless you really can not bare the pain , do log the pains though and questions so you don't forget to ask your doc. as we tend to forget things so keep a small note pad handy just for your band surgeon , I do it for my reg. doc (pcp) and for y band surgeon.

Oh, I did the same thing. I decided I was well enough to refinish a bed 10 days after surgery, which included removing the client's tempurpedic matress. I was so stupid! I was very paranoid after because I was super sore around the port. I took the next 2 days off and just took it easy. Of course, call you doctor if you are worred. That is what they are there for!