Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surprisingly, even though I've been very overweight most of my life, I've very rarely hard issues with chaffing in my sensitive areas. But since I've been losing weight, I've had a terrible time with chaffing in my groin area, and underneath my belly/pubic area. It hurts horribly bad and I'm miserable! I tried to find some of that Monistat soothing chaffing cream, but I couldn't find it at Walgreens tonight. I'll have to look somewhere else tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this issue as they were losing weight?? It makes no sense that I'm having this problem considering I'm smaller now!

Unfortunately, as you lose weight it turns to more skin than fat, which is smaller but droopier.

I had major issues under my tummy apron. I found Gold Bond powder after my shower really helped to keep it dry and relieve the chaffing.

As embarrassing as it is, be sure to document these skin issues with your doctor. This way, once you've lost your weight, you can use the documentation to help get your insurance to pay for Excess skin removal.< /p>

I don't have a problem but I kinda wish I did because of Missy's reasoning!

I have heard of people using a deodorant stick, not even kidding.

Good luck!!

I don't have a problem but I kinda wish I did because of Missy's reasoning!

I have heard of people using a deodorant stick' date=' not even kidding.

Good luck!![/quote']

I actually tried that, too. It did work but if the skin was at all broken it stung really bad.

If you really need to like Missy said just get gold bond powder , or even I have done desitine for babyies and it worked really well for me I would dry off really good and then rub it in place soothing and it worked also I now use gold bond powder spray , just be careful cause it does leave white powder on your clothes or u can even try the good old method powder yourself with cornstartch, I got that from my Grandmothers a LONG time ago.

Surprisingly' date=' even though I've been very overweight most of my life, I've very rarely hard issues with chaffing in my sensitive areas. But since I've been losing weight, I've had a terrible time with chaffing in my groin area, and underneath my belly/pubic area. It hurts horribly bad and I'm miserable! I tried to find some of that Monistat soothing chaffing cream, but I couldn't find it at Walgreens tonight. I'll have to look somewhere else tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue as they were losing weight?? It makes no sense that I'm having this problem considering I'm smaller now![/quote']

I have been using powder for many many years under the belly fat. I even use it at bed time

Soothing Care is great too, use that. I couldn't find it anywhere so I ordered it from Amazon but then the other day I saw it at Walmart, dang.

i found that solarcaine spray works really well, and corn starch.

From a male perspective...Gold Bond does wonders it is a cure for the bariatric skin flap. LOL

Gold Bond worked for me also.

I only chaff between my thighs usually from exercising. It's gotten better as I've lost weight but it also seems to be better when I have clothes between the skin and not let it be skin on skin contact. As others pointed out, moisture seems to be the problem because I've noticed it be the worst after swimming THEN exercising. Yikes!

I've had trouble with irritated and broken skin under a breast....very painful. I went to the doctor a few times and tried everything, including wearing a gauze pad tucked into the bra, etc. -- it's especially bad after working out, can't do under-wires obviously. Finally went to a dermatologist. Told him I had tried everything -- powders, fungal sprays in case it was fungal, anti-itch creams, neo-sporin, A&D, glycerine, etc. Told him I absolutely didn't want a steroid cream. He wrote me a prescription and the thing cleared in a couple of days. After years! I looked it up and it is a steroid, so while he didn't listen to me I am really glad I used it as it totally worked. And where better to document skin issues for possible future need of Tummy Tuck, etc. then through a dermatologist.

You can also try Aquafor lotion. Helps ease the friction of skin on skin contact.

The condition that you all are talking about is called panniculectomy, most insurance will cover this. when u get the chance look it up really interesting