Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time for my first fill?

Hi everyone, I have done quite well since my surgery on May 15th. I've lost 38 pounds without a fill. It may not seem like much to some but to me....this is awesome. The thing is, I haven't lost anything in the last three weeks. A few things could be the cause. 1. I've started weight training and cardio at the gym (with a trainer) 2. I haven't been overly strict in my eating (eating bad foods) 3. It could be time for my first fill. I have been very good with the amount I eat and how I chew it, therefore haven't had many "stuck" episodes. I am scared that if I get a fill, I may start seeing more "stuck" episodes and I don't look forward to that. Should I just wait it out and see what happens this week, or should I just book for my first fill?

Everyone is different, but I could always tell I needed a fill when I started being overly hungry and what I ate didn't last but a couple of hours. I'm not very strict with what I eat, simply because it's a challenge getting in enough calories every day. I am on fill #3 and have gotten to the green zone with my band at 5cc's (10cc band).

How long do you stay full and do you track your calories? You could lose more if you boosted your Protein without getting a fill.

I agree the important thing is how many hours can you go in between meals? A fill isn't really the answer for the scale not moving. Fill is really if the hunger sets in with little time in between meals.

You've mentioned you've eaten bad foods. What kind of food? If your eating high calorie slider foods then the band is not going to be helpful in curbing that. Unfortunately, as weird as it sounds the band will allow stuff like chips, crackers and of course ice cream to slide right on down like you never even had a band.

If you are getting hungry quite often then I would say you probably need a fill. Everyone is different but for me I eat only 3 meals a day with no snacking and I can typically go 4.5 to 5 hours without getting hungry. I haven't had a fill since January.

Hockeymom,

Your doing great! Keep up the good work! I am also losing slowly but steadily. I haven't reached that elusive "green zone" just yet. I've had 3 fills and I'm at 5.5 in a 10cc band I think a tiny fill next time might get me there.

Either way though I'm happy that I am eating less, and moving more, and I know that the weight I have lost is NEVER coming back!!! I'm not gonna let it!

I just hit the green zone this week after another 1 cc fill. Took me to 10.3 cc on a 14cc band. It's amazing how just that one additional cc made cc difference.