Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At home workouts???

Really?! When I called planet fitness they said they don't have personal trainers..... And it turned me off because I NEED one.

It depends upon how your endurance is, however, below is a circuit training exercise I do 2x a week at the gym but easily can be modified to be done at home - if you have some dumbells and/or kettlebells.

3 Circuit Workout (30 minutes total) - Works entire body

Circuit 1: Upper

2 minutes Butt Kicks

1 minutes Push Ups (Military Style, Modified - use a chair, or Hand Raise - you do it like a normal Military Style, but you lift your hands off the ground for a second before pushing up - easier than Military Style)

2 minutes Side to Side Box Jumps (If you don't have a box, grab a kitchen stool and do switch ups)

1 minute Hanging Tough - You are on the ground with a Dumbbell raised over your head and you have to get up from that position to a standing position without bending the elbow and do not lower it - always keep it above your head, go back to the floor and repeat - 30 seconds each arm. -- you can use your other free arm to help get you off the floor

2 minutes High Knee's

1 minute Kettlebell Rows - 30 Seconds Each Arm

1 minute Rest

Circuit 2: Core

2 minutes Jumping Jacks

1 minute Low to High Plank (if you can't do this, then do a low plank hold only)

2 minutes Jog in place

1 minute Ball Slams - if you have a medicine ball, otherwise, do normal crunches

2 minutes Jump Rope

1 minute High Plank Hold - However, as you do this, you are bringing your knees into your chest (as you bring the left knee in and back, then bring the right knee in and back, repeat for 1 minute)

1 minute rest

Circuit 3: lower

2 minutes Butt Kicks

1 minute Lunges (find something you can put your foot on, and do a lunge from that position (called "Box lunges") - you can take a cushion off your couch and use the couch, or you can do normal lunges depending upon how much room you have to work with)

2 minutes Side to Side Box Jumps (See Circuit 1 for more info)

1 minute Kettlebell Sumo Squat - Squat down like a Sumo wreslter, hold the kettlebell in between your legs or close to your chest) - if too hard with Kettlebell, do this without any weight)

2 minutes High Knee's

1 minute If you have someone that can help you, lay on your back with your feet in the air, have them put their body weight on you from your feet- bring the your legs and them in as far as you can and then push them back out (this is basically a leg press)

If you don't have anyone that can do this for you then you can always do Jumping Squats (it's a mixture of a jumping jack and squat - you don't have to swing your hands, but can if you want to - you jump out and as you jump out and land, you land into a squat position)

If this is too hard on the knees, then do a wall sit - squat down and have back against wall - butt should be parallel with your knees - stay there for 1 minute)

1 minute rest

My work out now is recumbent bike in front of the tv at home as I've herniated a disc in my back and am on restricted workouts. Oh and some exercise at PT. FYI- don't turn and lift 50 pounds of chicken feed, not a good workout.