Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was tuesday 2/27 and I plan on going back to work on Monday 3/5 so that's right at 6 days but I have a desk job. I may have to get my DH to drive me to work on Monday though because I drive a stick and I can't at this point, even begine to imagine being able to drive the truck.

Tracy

My truck is sitting in the drive way noway can I drive it hurts the stomach to shift tried yesterday got to the end of the block, had to get a friend to take me out. Sounds easy but its not

Good a.m.wb_sun.gif

Feeling slightly better today. This a.m. instead of flailing wildly for 10 minutes trying to get out of bed it only took me 9 minutes of flailing wildly. I'm starting to suspect some of my innards were stolen during surgery and sold on the black market.

My ci_cat.giffurkids ci_cat.gifseem to think that the big a$$ pillow I keep on my tummy is JUST for their entertainment and like to take a running leap from the ground and land... RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE... which of course results in my jerking up and screaming bloody murder, spazzing the cats out which causes them to AGAIN run across said pillow that I'm using for 'protection'. hmmmm I may have just figured out the whole pack of wild drunkcj_monkey.gif monkey cj_monkey.giffeeling from yesterday.....

My tummy is still swollen larger than a baboons a$$ in heat but not as pretty. I know it's only friday, but I'm like.. how on EARTH am I going to drive my truck to work on Monday. I may end up bartering with DHubbyxa_heart.gif to take me. I can't wait to get to work to show off my new Cave man posture and walk.

I also have this weird numb but itchy feeling on the surface of my tummy. Itching is a good sign I reckon but it's very surreal to be running my finger over the surface of my tummy and not really be able to feel it.

I am VERY happy to report that my auntie flow has packed her bags and left the buildingxl_thumbsup.gif. I asked Dr. Morton if he could just to ahead and remove my uterus while he was in there and he just looked at me like I was a goof ball. aj_confused.gif Oh well.. never no unless you ask.

OK.. having major gas painan_angry.gif.. must go kick something.

later

T

I don't have a date yet, however, I planned on a Thursday date and returning to work on the next Monday. I am preparing for a good recovery by doing right by my body before surgery. If something is to go wrong it was beyond my control. I've had four c-sections so I'm familiar with the aftermath. I also plan to have colonics a couple of days before to CLEAN OUT so I won't have so much of the gas, and upper digestive problems. I will take a week off after surgery to be at home to work on the adjustment that are needed in my home for this new lifestyle. House cleaning, cabinet cleaning, pantry, etc. start a garden so that I can have fresh vegetables to eat (which is also good outdoor excerise for the next 6 months) and getting my family on a schedule and working on my daily planning. :)

Glad you're doing better. I had planned to go to back to work on the 8th days...I ended up returning on the 12th day. I'm glad I took that extra time.

Amazing how furkids always know the worst time to play :)

I don't have a date yet, however, I planned on a Thursday date and returning to work on the next Monday. I am preparing for a good recovery by doing right by my body before surgery. If something is to go wrong it was beyond my control. I've had four c-sections so I'm familiar with the aftermath. I also plan to have colonics a couple of days before to CLEAN OUT so I won't have so much of the gas, and upper digestive problems. I will take a week off to be at home to work on the adjustment that are needed in my home for this new lifestyle. House cleaning, cabinet cleaning, pantry, etc. start a garden so that I can have fresh vegetables to eat (which is also good outdoor excerise for the next 6 months) and getting my family on a schedule and working on my daily planning. :)

I recommend taking the week AFTER surgery ;)

While some people can return to work right away, I don't think that's the norm.

I had been walking for an hour a day before surgery and had been eating right for the last 6 months before surgery and had lost 47 lbs. However, after surgery it still took me longer to recover than I thought it would. It has been 2 weeks now and I still can't walk for an hour and still can't walk fast. I went back to work on the 5th day and I feel I should have waited a few more days. I am doing great now though. I even have on my jeans(loose fitting) today for spirit day at school.

I still have only lost 5 lbs since surgery but haven't had a fill yet so I am happy with that.

I recommend taking the week AFTER surgery :)

I'm sorry I meant AFTER.:biggrin1:

Pamla68 you have youth on your side to help your recovery it doesn't matter if you colonics for a week before surgery they fill you with air you are going to have gas! I took everyones advice because I do have a phyical job and am taking 3 weeks off and it was good advice, its been 1 week and I can't even think about putting on tight panty hose and wearing heels. I appricate everyones good advice, listen these people been there done this know what they are talking about.

Pamla68 you have youth on your side to help your recovery it doesn't matter if you colonics for a week before surgery they fill you with air you are going to have gas! I took everyones advice because I do have a phyical job and am taking 3 weeks off and it was good advice, its been 1 week and I can't even think about putting on tight panty hose and wearing heels. I appricate everyones good advice, listen these people been there done this know what they are talking about.

I understand. Thank you.

Hello,,

My surgery is scheduled for March 19th. I work from home, I plan to take a week off. If I feel better the second week I will start working but if I don't I will take more time. I'm lucky that I have the flexibility to do that.

I can only pray that I have a quick recovery!! I hate pain!!

Sherri

I researched the surgery for 2 years and spent hundreds of hours on message boards. I followed the instructions to the letter.

The one thing I failed to do was drink lots of Water before surgery. The anesthetics and pain medications can cause Constipation. I ended up having problems with my IV and became very dehydrated. (I had to spend the night because of sleep apnea.)

Let's just say I had one of the worst nights of my life when I got home--and I am not a sissy--I have had 7 surgeries and always made remarkable recoveries.

My band was so tight I could not even get Water down! I came very close to going back into the hospital.

My point is this- it is better to plan a little extra time off just in case of the unexpected.

Oh- and don't plan on doing any housework afterwards, either. These stories you read about people going outside and mowing the yard the next day are not typical.:rolleyes

Mowing the yard I haven't vaccumed in a week I am afraid to even push that, Its been 8 days and I am doing alittle house work today, I have been trying to use the tread mill thats not easy I can only do 15 min. at a time 4 times a day my incisions start to hurt, I wasn't expected it to take this long but now I am glad I took peoples advice and took some more time off. I thin age has alot to do with it I am sure if I was 30 I would of bounced back faster.