Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been visiting loads of forums for the past month or so and this one is full of so many kind and helpful people that I decided to join up, couldn't find anything this good here in the UK :-) I'm booked in for bypass in early November (pending blood test results etc). I'm getting really nervous but have to say your experiences and supportive comments to everyone are helping me feel better. Hope to join you with my own success story soon.

Hi Molly. Good to see someone else here from the UK. I'm having a band taken out and a bypass done on 10th October, next Thursday ... Eek, lol. Bloods on Tuesday. Keep me updated how you go. Where in UK are you? Are you going private or NHS?

Hi UK, good to hear from you. I'm from Devon and going private how about you? Would love to know how you're doing too.

Hi, I'm in Edinburgh and paying private too. Just back from a night away in London, now I can focus on the fact I'm having major surgery in 5 days, lol. My starting weight is 230lb and I'm 5'3''. I lose all my weight last year, every lb on Lighter Life and it has been a losing battle to keep it off. As you can see from my user name, I was originally going to have a sleeve (and was on the sleeve forum) but last week changed to the bypass :-)

Hi, I was originally interested in the sleeve but thought better of it after my initial consultation and after looking around on the forums am glad I have changed my mind it seems a much better option. Did you have a band for long and did it work for you at all. I'm currently 273 pounds and 5' 3" and have tried every diet going I lost tons of weight a few years ago and gradually put it all back on again as usual. Good luck with your operation and let us know how you get on.

Hi, I was originally interested in the sleeve but thought better of it after my initial consultation and after looking around on the forums am glad I have changed my mind it seems a much better option. Did you have a band for long and did it work for you at all. I'm currently 273 pounds and 5' 3" and have tried every diet going I lost tons of weight a few years ago and gradually put it all back on again as usual. Good luck with your operation and let us know how you get on.

Thanks Molly. I had the band in 2010 and can't say it worked in any great way. We could never reach a fill point between nothing going down then being sick and anything being able to go down. I'll be glad to get it out to be honest. I was offered the sleeve at the time but I thought it was too extreme! Now I realise I need all the help I can get to keep it off, the losing bit is the easy bit. I started Lighter Life at 19 stone and got down to 10 stone 4. Once I'd finished the 'diet', despite every week trying something to keep it off; the 5/2 diet, counting calories, going back on Lighter Life, nothing worked and I've put 6 stone back on. I'm very hopeful that with the bypass, this issue may not dominate the next 40 years as it has the last 40 :-) Lainey x

Thanks Molly. I had the band in 2010 and can't say it worked in any great way. We could never reach a fill point between nothing going down then being sick and anything being able to go down. I'll be glad to get it out to be honest. I was offered the sleeve at the time but I thought it was too extreme! Now I realise I need all the help I can get to keep it off, the losing bit is the easy bit. I started Lighter Life at 19 stone and got down to 10 stone 4. Once I'd finished the 'diet', despite every week trying something to keep it off; the 5/2 diet, counting calories, going back on Lighter Life, nothing worked and I've put 6 stone back on. I'm very hopeful that with the bypass, this issue may not dominate the next 40 years as it has the last 40 :-) Lainey x