Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone fear development of an eating disorder

It has crossed my mind and deeaks me out that since ill have to watch what I'm eating so much more.. that ill develope an eating disorder.. anyone else have this cross their mind?

No, this is the fix for an eating disorder---obesity. Do not give up on a really useful tool like WLS for some "what if" scenario. Life is full of risks--you could be hit by a bus tomorrow--but you do the best you can and move forward. Just follow your guidelines and use common sense.

If you ever feel like you are going too far in the wrong direction, talk with your surgeon and see a therapist/counselor.

Good luck! You are going to be so thrilled when the pounds begin to melt away!

Thank you so much. Aince I have ao much time on my hands before surgery. . I've been thinking the worst possible things. I'm diagnosed with anxiety and depression as is.. I wish that I could just get it over with already.. I'm cleared rou d the board.. so I know I'm well enough for the surgery. . Juat wish my mind would figure that out lol

Work with your doctors to get appropriate treatment for the anxiety and depression. Get or adjust your meds, if necessary. If you're struggling, see a therapist or counselor and attend support group meetings.

One of the best antidotes to fear is to articulate your concerns. Once you are able to define and speak about your fears, you can see how inconsequential many of them really are and let them go.

If you have too much time on your hands, get busy! Do things with friends, take a walk in the lovely autumn sunshine, take on a project, do charity work, clean your house like Martha Stewart, whatever--just don't sit and worry. An idle mind is your enemy.

Be thrilled that you are starting a new, happier life! Start making plans for all the wonderful things you are going to do.

Thanks. Ill talk to my dr. I know its going to be a big and positive change.. just wish it was dec already lol

In some ways you do develop an eating disorder. This surgery takes you on such a journey that you have your ups and downs. You learn so much about who you are and why you used food in such a dysfunctional way. There are times that I obsess about everything I put in my mouth, and then there are times when I eat stuff I should not. Knowing full well that I should not be eating things.

The key is to find the balance, and in order to do that you have to come face to face with our food issues. You need to have a good support system and the ability to communicate your fears, anxiety, joy, happiness, and anger.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I have tons of what's ifs about the surgery... but I have crucial thinks I know will happen if I don't get it done. Diabetes. . Heart disease... early death due to obesity... my boyfriend says I'm just over thinking things. And I know I am... I'm just glad I'm not alone jn the process