Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Out????

One year out - ALREADY !!!!??????

I thought i'd write some of the things down that i've been thinking of - some of the things that have changed y'no?

Stats first – get them out of the way !

I was banded on 26th August 2003, thats one year ago Today !

My heaviest recorded weight was in January 2003.

I weighed 390 pounds (27 stone 12 pounds or 176.9 kg)

On op day, I weighed 375 pounds (26 stone 11 pounds or 170 kg)

So much has changed.

As of today 22nd August 2004 I weigh 254 pounds (18 stone 2 or 115.2 kg).

Measurements

So ....................23 9 03....................126.8.04

Dress Size.......... 30/32......................20/22

Height.......... 5 ft 11inches (180cm)............

Neck.................... 18".........................15

Bicep.................... 20"........................16

Under Boobs.......... 47 1/2"..............39 1/2

Biggest bit of Boobs.. 55"...................45

Waist.................... 53"........................43

Belly.................... 61".......................48 1/2

Thigh.................... 33"........................25

Calf.................... 22 1/2"....................20

Wrist.................... 7 1/2".....................7

I remember this time last year… going for a “walk” with Chris. We walked to the top of my street… I’d say 800 yards ish? I had to stop & sit down on the wee wall at the bus stop – I was SO out of breath. Infact – when we walked, befre we left the house, I’d say to him – you speak and only ask things that I can nod yes, or shake no too – I simply couldn’t walk and speak at the same time! – sad really, at 32 you’d think I would have been in the prime of my life? Hmmmm

Showering was becoming increasingly difficult – having to lean against the wall of the shower to wash my back side – having to think – booger it, that’ll do… then afterwards I’d be as sweaty as I was before I’d been in the shower! Baths were a complete no no.

Clothes – well – I was bursting out of a UK size 30/32 – infact for the Christmas night out last year – I tried on a nice dress (evans…) I picked up the 32 & headed for the changing rooms – Chris came in after I’d contorted it on… he said – shall I go and get the bigger size? I said… that is the biggest size…. He said – oh no, what do we do now??? – how could I answer – what could I say? I’d reached past my only lifeline for clothes.. that may well have been one of my lowest point.

The car, another nightmare. Getting the belt to fit? Fitting behind the steering wheel? Being in the way when sitting in the passenger seat. Having to move my bum & legs when he’s changing gears, or putting on the hand brake. Getting out of the thing! Getting into it without hitting my head or legs off of the doors – the list goes on.

Sex…. Was getting so stoopid that I’d lost all drive.. being only 5 minutes married – you can imagine how I felt.. wasn’t this supposed to be the best years of our lives? The act itself was bordering on the ridiculous “trying” to find ways of doing… anything !! not good…

Garden chairs – we’ve all been there! wondering – shall I dare sit on it? Will the back door step do? Or the ground… coz.. “I’m fine here… “honest” !

On the bus… nobody sitting beside you (partly because they couldn’t!). The fear of getting on a bus and there being no seats ! or worse – having to sit on an isle seat & my bum BARELY making it with 1 cheek ! – the panic setting in, because people have to squeeze past.. hated it.

Emotions?? Well – what a can of worms that would be eh? Do I dare even go there?? Nah – for next year me thinks!

Now? Things have changed so much – even though I still have at least 5 stone to lose (70 pounds) – I feel that I’ve come so far. My physical wellbeing has changed so much that it’s almost unthinkable! (ok, maybe not unthinkable – but you get my drift lol!).

Cars – I don’t think about

Seatbelts – don’t think about

Shower – don’t think about

Cloths – happy to be shopping ANYWHERE other that Evans ! (ahhh god bless Evans!)

Sex – no comment! lol lets just say…. It’s very much improved!

Garden chairs – still a bit wary – but at least I sit on them now!

Walking – I joined the gym – and I’m loving it! YEAY!

Downsides – ahhhh the downsides…. Taking an age to get to my “sweet spot” (4 months – thought it’d never happen!).

Skin – not good, arms and legs are bad – we shall see what next year holds for that – possibly a referral for plastics? who knows !

Confidence growing – not the best for relationships – but with a lot of reassurance – that’s sorting itself (I hope).

Eating out – having to ask for a “starter” sized main meal – saying that, once you’ve done it a few times, there’s nothing to it! hehe.

PB – eating too much, not chewing enough or eating too fast! my own bloomin fault ! – I still do it – not as much as before – but I still do it!

I have taken before and after pictures – for those of you who want a look click here

http://www.wlsinfo.org.uk/audreys_pictures.htm

Here’s a link to my journal – it pretty much takes you from pre op till now – with an entry almost every week (sometimes more!) – all of the up’s and downs. What a rollercoaster of emotions! – It’s VERY long! A years worth – so get a cuppah if your going to read it!

http://www.wlsinfo.org.uk/newweb2/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1428

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and sharing in my journey.

Aud x

Audrey, what an amazing success story! I'm so proud of you! And what a great job of hitting all those different things and emotions that we've all been through! Keep up the great job!:D

Audrey,

I always enjoy reading about your journey and sharing in your successes. Thank you for sharing. You have done an amazing job with your band and there was only one thing I saw missing from your post… You, my dear, should feel so very very proud of yourself. Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a big hug!!!

The band is only a tool and you still had to work extremely hard to get where you are today. I have enjoyed your beautiful before and after pictures and I thank you for your insightful shares on this site. You make me proud to say that I have a cyber friend who has accomplished so much.

Keep up the great job and look ahead of all you will have to Celebrate next year at this same time.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

:D :D :D:):D:):D :cool:

Audrey,

I too find your story amazing and remember reading some of your posts before I was banded this last may. You inspired me then and you continue to inspire me. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Teresa

oh thank you so much !

those were such lovely things to say ! You have got me all emotional now ! lol

Here's to next year eh?

aud x