Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

Im pretty sure i have a bowel impaction

Nothings moving and nothing works not even saline or oil enemas

Do i have to go to the ER? Is there anything else i can try at home?

Ugh......

Thanks

Stacey

Have you tried magnesium citrate...one bottle, followed by a saline enema....held in as long as you can..repeat with one more bottle only if you've gotten results, followed by another enema...or you can try a Miralax bowel gatorade prep....miralax in g2... If you've tried alot of this and it just causes pain, go to the er..they'll disimpact you..

Thanks for the reply

Ill try the magnesium

If that doesnt work i guess im off to the ER... That sounds so unpleasant. Plus my surgery was in Mexico. Im 3 weeks post op on a sleeve to bypass revision. My bmi is fairly low as i lost quite a bit with the sleeve....unable to accomplish my final goal without the revision. I dont relish explaining to the doc that i am 3 weeks post op from a low bmi bypass done in Mexico.

how are you doing?

how are you doing?

Thanks for checking

I got a little nervous about the magnisum since i did 3 saline enemas yestersay and magnisum is another saline thing. I think you can hurt your kidneys with too much of that.

Im drinking a ton of Water and trying another oil enema but i think i may be hitting the Er this evening

Ive never had one but im told inpactions can be dangerous

Honestly, they will probably give you magnesium citrate in the hospital first thing. You are giving yourself saline enemas so that shouldn't have too Munch effect on your kidneys.

You need to hit it from the top to! Everything may be up higher in the intestine out of an enemas reach.

You need to hit it from the top to! Everything may be up higher in the intestine out of an enemas reach.

Is this laxatives etc

Yes, milk of magnesia, magnesium citrate, senna, etc. But I am almost positive that when you go to the er they will give you magnesium citrate. My friend was in the same situation as you and that's what they did for her.

Yes' date=' milk of magnesia, magnesium citrate, senna, etc. But I am almost positive that when you go to the er they will give you magnesium citrate. My friend was in the same situation as you and that's what they did for her.[/quote']

Okay

Im going to get some

I keep thinking the ER is just going to do something i could have done myself

I hope everything works out (literally!) In your favor and you stay out of the hospital!

Try some prune juice. I hope you feel better soon!

So sorry u had this experience. I had to go to the er bc of a bowel impaction. It was horrible but I did get relief.

EURIKA !!!!!!

Im thinking you hit gold??