Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone out there that think they are too small.

Hi just curious, I was wondering is there anyone out there that think they are too small since surgery. Are you happy with where you are 1 or 2yrs out. I am a pre-op without a date at this point hopefully this will change soon.

I actually don't have a whole lot of weight to loose, 60-80lbs. I worry that I may get too small. Is there anyone with that problem or knowledge of someone in that position. I need to get the weight off for health reason and have tried for quite sometime now. I am gaining new co-morbidities every few months it seems. I have five as I speak along with other things such as joints and incontinence problems.

The amazing thing about our bodies is that it finds its happy medium weight. We lose the weight quickly and most of the time lose more than expected and then our bodies will bounce back up some.

I have found that I am still losing inches, but not really weight. I have stabilized between 130 - 140, but I look a lot smaller than that. Someone asked me the other day if I weighed 90lbs. I am told all the time that I need to stop losing weight, and my response is that I am no longer losing weight but I am losing inches. We have no control over where our bodies choose to be. My goal weight was initially 150. I was happy being at 150, but my body seems to like 137.

I wish I could lose about 20 more lbs but I am 17 months post op and my body has evened itself off and seems to be happy at 163. I would take 150 too !!! But my surgeon said don't focus on the number focus on how you feel. I eat correctly, run 5 miles daily, and feel wonderful. So I am accepting this ... my start weight was 216. Everyone is different and will lose differently as well..... my sister's start weight was 240ish and she got way too low.. she had a ulcer and stricture. Her weight dropped way down because she could not eat, now that the ulcer is gone and stricture cleared she is eating but she is still under weight and needs to gain about 25 lbs., she got as low as 108 which is scary !!!!

Totally agree with music and BBdoodle. Listen to your body and you'll wind up exactly where you should be. I believe that so strongly that I never set a "goal weight". Before I even had the surgery I made the conscious decision that my body would tell me when it was where it wants to be. My job was to simply follow the protocol until my body made the decision. And that's exactly what happened. Thirteen months post-op and having lost 130 pounds, my weight stabilized. After about three weeks, I knew I had arrived.

Today I'm three weeks away from two years out. And my weight this morning was 153.6. No bounce back. My body is where it wants to be. And thanks to my food log, maintaining my weight within about a three pound range has been surprisingly easy and straight forward.

Listen to your body and you're gonna love the new you!!

The amazing thing about our bodies is that it finds its happy medium weight. We lose the weight quickly and most of the time lose more than expected and then our bodies will bounce back up some.

I have found that I am still losing inches, but not really weight. I have stabilized between 130 - 140, but I look a lot smaller than that. Someone asked me the other day if I weighed 90lbs. I am told all the time that I need to stop losing weight, and my response is that I am no longer losing weight but I am losing inches. We have no control over where our bodies choose to be. My goal weight was initially 150. I was happy being at 150, but my body seems to like 137.

I wish I could lose about 20 more lbs but I am 17 months post op and my body has evened itself off and seems to be happy at 163. I would take 150 too !!! But my surgeon said don't focus on the number focus on how you feel. I eat correctly, run 5 miles daily, and feel wonderful. So I am accepting this ... my start weight was 216. Everyone is different and will lose differently as well..... my sister's start weight was 240ish and she got way too low.. she had a ulcer and stricture. Her weight dropped way down because she could not eat, now that the ulcer is gone and stricture cleared she is eating but she is still under weight and needs to gain about 25 lbs., she got as low as 108 which is scary !!!!

Ooh BBdoodle, I hope she recovering well. No, no, no That is too low for most people. I would love to be 160-165 that is my old stomping ground, that would be amazing for me.Thanks and good luck to your sister.

Wow, you look great... I know the body will do what it wants. I would like for mine to be kind and sweet to me. LOL I would be happy at 137 to. I remember people saying things like that to me eons ago. Congrats to you music1618. What is your routine, diet, and fitness like?

Totally agree with music and BBdoodle. Listen to your body and you'll wind up exactly where you should be. I believe that so strongly that I never set a "goal weight". Before I even had the surgery I made the conscious decision that my body would tell me when it was where it wants to be. My job was to simply follow the protocol until my body made the decision. And that's exactly what happened. Thirteen months post-op and having lost 130 pounds, my weight stabilized. After about three weeks, I knew I had arrived.

Today I'm three weeks away from two years out. And my weight this morning was 153.6. No bounce back. My body is where it wants to be. And thanks to my food log, maintaining my weight within about a three pound range has been surprisingly easy and straight forward.

Listen to your body and you're gonna love the new you!!

DLCoggin, thanks for the inspirational message and I totally agree with you guys. I can't help but be a little nervous about the unknown. I to want to be on the other side living the dream.