Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dealing with the negatives and positives

I thought i would start this thread. For the past two weeks I have been having body 'issues'. Some good and some downright scary!

As I said in a previous post, I am using my chin as a sign of my losing weight, my kirk douglas dimple is back. (It think its been nearly 5 years since I saw it!) So that gives me a reason to smile at my image in the mirror every morning.

It's feeling as I am starting to fit into the slim image I had always seen in the mirror, even at my heaviest. It was the most frustrating thing, knowing my body was a blob and yet in the mirror i fooled myself into a morphic body change. Not healthy at all.

So I get to smile morning and night.

Another positive is that when I walk now, I feel lighter, I have extremely sensitve joints, and the concept of walking quickly was an impossibility, until now. I'm not super quick but my joints feel so much freer, no longewr weighed down with the weight. Sadly the pain is still there but it is far more bearable!

Now for the downers. Every diet I ever did never took the fat off my breasts. I was fairly confident that I would keep the cup size c, which grew during my weight gain. Tragedy has happened! My breasts are disappearing! I only noticed that this week. I am starting to see my collar bone. But Ia m losing my breasts. It's stupid. I have never had huge bazoomers but I had loved my slightly more voluptious breasts. I shall have to get used to it I guess.

But, seeing my breasts disappearing I am worried what else is going to happen to my body. Can I really cope with the concept of having a new body?

It is all well and good taking the weight off for all the health reasons. The more I lose the weight be it inches on bust or lbs the better my body feels. But, my subconcious is not so comfortable with the changes happening.

I am running a bit before I can walk but I have always seen myself as a size 14 but what if I go smaller? What would that be like? Could I cope?

Part of me wants to go down into the little league, every woman does in someways. The reality though is a different matter!

Does anyone else feel like this?

Don't forget sooz... this is your journey and you are in the driving seat, which means that you lose weight at a rate that you choose (according to your restriction)

If you get to a stage where you are happy with your weight... you choose to have a small defill to enable you to eat enough to maintain your weight.

On a more personal note... Breasts have a nasty habit of becoming Spaniels ears!!! (Sort of empty sacks slightly thicker at the bottom!!)

I remember it when i lost lots of weight last year... regain has had the happy side effect of refilling my bags!!!

Take it easy, don't go at this any faster than you want, your brain will catch up with your body (I'm told that it takes around 6 months for your brain to catch up with the changes in your body size...)

The other thing to consider is that you may need some plastic surgery to put right the droopy bits... good news is that you can get this on the NHS... Remember to ask sooner rather than later as the wait can be considerable.

Good to see your weight on the downwards spiral and that your joints are complaining a little less... long may it continue!

Take care babes night night.

Hi Suzzane & anon,

Yeah I've been there too. My boobs are definately the first to go. 3 yrs ago when I was admitted to Hosp for radioactive threatment for my OVERactive thyroid, I suffered a heart failure and I went fm 11 1/2stone to 9 1/2stone in a matter of 3wks. Believe me, my boobs went fm a 36B right down to a 32AA. I was so depressed. But 3 months later, when my UNDERactive thyroid kicks in, I went from 9 1/2 stone to near 14stone, and dont worry ALL my boobs fill back beautifully.

Since banded back in Sept 06, having lose 1 1/2stone, I fill my boobs slightly smaller now and went to Primark yday looking for a A cup.

Im joining salsa dancing starting 2moro to tone up and I hope to start going back to the gym so that I can strengten my chest, hopefully to prevent my boobs from drooping.

Saggi,

Sorry I haven't got back sooner on here, I have let it slip somewhat.

How did the Salsa dancing go? I'd love to do it, just need a partner to go with. One of the downsides of being decidedly single :eek:

I have been really fortunate an old flame has got back in touch and he is treating me to 3 months, 5 hours every week of personal training. I've only had 3 sessions so far but I feel absolutely brilliant. I think it may prevent me from having to go for another fill. I was getting worried that the second fill wasn't working but with the exercise my appetite has dramatically decreased!

Shall write more later, have to go to the docs to check on thyroid and general health stuff...fun fun.

Hugs to you saggi

kind regards

Suzanne xxx