Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I've been a part of this forum for just over a year and I'm finally getting to a point where i see a light at the end of the tunnel. I started my process in June 2013 through SHARP service provider but because of the financial factors I changed to a military doctor. I am hoping to have surgery through the military system (which in itself is a little bit scary). I've attended all my classes, lost my required 13-15 lbs (actually lost 20lbs), and "passed" my psych evaluation with a recommendation for monthly follow ups because of my stressful job and previous depression and anxiety. I even quit smoking in June 2012.

I have been cleared to meet with the surgeon and am waiting for my appointment with him/her. I'm nervous, excited, scared, ready...a growing ball of emotions.

I'm reaching out for support especially from those who have received care through military treatment facilities.

Thanks in advance.

All your emotions are totally normal, we all go thru them !!!! Do your research on your doctors if you can and make sure you are comfortable and you like your surgeon because he is going to be your best bud for a while :) Good Luck !

FayeJ, my first surgery lapband was with a military institute. It was all good. I did not do well on the band. I had a lot of port pain, n/v always feeling hungry but couldn't eat. My port had flipped and drs could not access it to take Fluid out. So, since my band placement my husband has retired and now I had my band taken out Tricare prime and scheduled for RNY Oct 3 with Tricare prime civilan dr that took band out. The military was good they had support groups and was always there for questions. Good Luck!

Truly nothing to worry about. Tricare is THE easiest insurance to get approved thru. We are so blessed to have the privilege of having such amazing insurance thru our service members.

My coordinator confirmed it to me numerous times. She loves working with Tricare out of all insurances. Follow with their guidelines and requirements and you will be petting your new pouchy in no time.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches