Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Originally posted by Janie Jackson

Sounds like some of your inlaws are related to Archie Bunker.

They make Archie Bunker look like Billy Graham.

Thanks! I don't think I've been anyone's favorite anything before.

Congratulations Ryan! I remember feeling like I was running in sand until I got my actual date... THEN... I felt like I was going somewhere!

I think your family get-together has quite the potential for being extremely entertaining! Please do tell us more about them as it makes my family look pretty darn normal! I am pretty lucky when it comes to family... not a serious bone amongst us!

Soon you will be a real bandboy! BTW... great pic! I love being able to put a face with the name!

TTFN

Darcy

Congrats, Ryan! Hey, if your wife would like to be a co-conspirator, the two of you can use your banding incisions as an excuse to have a quiet romantic Thanksgiving with NO FAMILY. "Gee, we'd love to come, but poor Ryan is in such pain..." Good luck. And do go to New Zealand. I've been there three times and would love to visit again. The 15-hour ride from LA will be a lot more comfortable when you can fit your bony butt into one of those narrow airplane seats!

Ryan, I am so happy for you! Of course there are still hoops to jump through, but you'll be banded before you know it! And just to add my voice to the chorus, I love your posts, too. They always seem to remind me to be grateful for my band and for this board.

Nancy

I don't know what possessed me to take a picture then! Even more why post it? I was all night with little sleep (Up every two hours for two days and nights to check on DW"s head injury) I was unshaven and coming down with a cold, or flu, or something. Still got the stuff, sniffle.

Thanks for all the kind words about the pic, that dog one kept creeping me out. I like it, but I don't.

I come home from work each day, cook supper, fold the clothes in the dryer, put the ones from the washer in the dryer, start another load, get Patty to sleep (not so hard since they raised the patch again) and rush to the computer to read this forum. In these days of waiting while clocks tick as slowly as oaks grow, reading the postings here is my rock, my connection to a sanity that involves me, and this journey I have just begun.

Can't really find anyone to talk to. The wife tries, but the drugs keep her from listening her best. Only here do I find people who have walked the same paths as I.

We share so much, and will all share even more. Each of us has felt the sting of humiliation as a result of our disease. Each of us knows what it is to be angry with oneself because "EEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! I ate it all!!!!" Why? Why?Why?

Plus we all have our normal demons to fight. Families, children, jobs, spouses, ex-spouses. You all save me. You all teach me about courage under fire. You show me how to care about others when you need to put yourself first.

Your posts are inspiration to me. Your altruism elevates me to a higher place. When I'm down, really down, coming here, and reading about you all, how you wait for the band, how you deal with it once you have it, and most of all how you are all so positive and supporting of each other, welcoming strangers with open arms: well............it's the best cure for a downer day I can imagine.

I can't thank you enough.

Ryan

If you werent married..I can guarantee all of the single women here would be fighting over you. You add a nice touch to this board with all of your inspirational writings. We enjoy you as much as you enjoy us!

You are a good man! Patty is lucky to have you

I hope and pray she starts to feel bettersoon..I know all too well about raising the patch :D

I'll second that emotion. Do you have a single brother? :D

Thank you for such kind words, Ryan. You always leave me with a fresh new sense of something wonderful.

Please never feel ashamed to vent about those dark things that you seek refuge from. As you said, we've all been there or somewhere close.

Have a wonderful Labor Day!

Congrats on the date. The second hardest part is waiting for surgery. The hardest part is waiting for the first adjustment. I know the surgery is on the list somewhere...but it is not anywhere near the top.

Occasionally, exhale...

Ryan you have such a way with words. I feel like the people That I have met on this board have gone thru the same things I have and are so supportative no matter what size I wear. Anyway I love reading your posts...Janie