Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op birth control advice!

Hey ladies, I am 23 and have one child. My hubby and I want more but my dr will not do surgery until I promise him I will not get pregnant for 2 years and he is making me go on birth control before I have surgery. My question is; what kind of birth control do you recommend after surgery?? I have the dreaded gynecologist appointment Monday and I want to already know what I want before I go in there. I've read that after surgery your body may not absorb the pill completely but I've never had any experience with the shot?!?!? I need suggestions please!

Hey ladies' date=' I am 23 and have one child. My hubby and I want more but my dr will not do surgery until I promise him I will not get pregnant for 2 years and he is making me go on birth control before I have surgery. My question is; what kind of birth control do you recommend after surgery?? I have the dreaded gynecologist appointment Monday and I want to already know what I want before I go in there. I've read that after surgery your body may not absorb the pill completely but I've never had any experience with the shot?!?!? I need suggestions please![/quote']

I would ask about a iud

Nuva ring is an option. You insert it vaginally once a month. You can't feel it and neither can your husband.

Nuva ring is an option. You insert it vaginally once a month. You can't feel it and neither can your husband.

Agreed, <3 my nuvaring! I don't trust pills post RNY, WAY too many about to be new mommas around here!!! The shot can cause significant ant weight gain. I had a Mirena and didn't like the hormonal side effects.

I LOVE my Mirena IUD. I've had it for two years and the only side effect I've had is no period, can't complain about that!

I suggest the Mirena IUD too..

Hey ladies' date=' I am 23 and have one child. My hubby and I want more but my dr will not do surgery until I promise him I will not get pregnant for 2 years and he is making me go on birth control before I have surgery. My question is; what kind of birth control do you recommend after surgery?? I have the dreaded gynecologist appointment Monday and I want to already know what I want before I go in there. I've read that after surgery your body may not absorb the pill completely but I've never had any experience with the shot?!?!? I need suggestions please![/quote']

I had the Mirena installed. After much consideration it has the least amount of side effects and the reversal rate is 100%. My doc said no to depo due to weight gain. I hate pills. Always had trouble with them. I've had not one problem with my mirena. Sucked going in and cramps for the first 24 hrs but since then; no issues! Best of luck!

I am on Nexplanon. It is the birth control implant that goes into your upper arm area. Very simple procedure and will last for 3 years but can come out at anytime. I recommend it to anyone that asks.

Just swallow LMAO

Just swallow LMAO

Lol

Mz Shay

And if ya swallow you'll get some Protein too :-)

Omg thats what my husband says

Love love love my Nuva Ring!!!