Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November surgeries?

I've always wondered the same thing as well - Personally, I think it comes down to the surgeon, the nutritionist and the body type of the person. I've seen a LOT of people have a liquid diet. I don't have that - I'm actually allowed to eat up until midnight the day before my surgery! I'm just on a liver shrinking diet which is basically high protein/low carb. I've lost 7 pounds this week so something is working! But yes I have wondered that too. Consider yourself lucky if you only have 1 week!!

I was told the pre-diet is to shrink our livers so the doctors can have more room to operate. mine is a 10 day diet with 2 day liquid before. ive been doing it for 4 months however and i lost 60 lbs from it. its brutal but wanting to get under 300lbs before surgery was a big motivator.

That sent before I was finished.

Edited by mskami77

Hey everyone! I was a little frustrated with the new site but I miss y'all so I'm back. :)

I hope all the post ops have had great success so far. I can't wait till Tuesday. I've lost 10 pounds so far on the pre op diet. I registered at the hospital today and did my labs. I'm soo ready!

Hi all! New to site. Had my surgery yesterday.

Hi all! New to site. Had my surgery yesterday.

Hi Kim!!! Welcome... and congrats on making It to the losers bench!!! How did everything go? How are you feeling?

Surgeon said it went very well. Trying my best to stay doped up on meds.

That's fantastic. Great to hear! When will you be headed home?

Sorry I've been slacking. Lots of pain and very tired since surgery :/ Just wanted to say Good luck to upcoming surgery peeps and prayers for a speedy recovery to all pre & post-op peeps.

Kristie, I hope you are starting to feel a little better!!!

SOoo frustrated. I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this post-op shake stage. Today is day 10 post op for me. I am getting in my supplements and Water but I have been averaging 20 grams of Protein a day since I can't get myself to drink it. This morning I had a unjury chicken Soup. I was given it by my dietician along with the unflavored. I was fine with the unflavored added to boullion. I ordered a bunch of that a couple days ago and can hardly wait for delivery. I have sensitivity to artificial sweeteners and have been using Tera's whey Protein and Jay Rob's shakes until after my surgery. Now I am really having a hard time. I went to GNC tonight for unflavored protein and they didn't have any?? What is with that? So I went to Walmart and they had nothing unflavored either. I grabbed Chobani's Plain Greek Yogart, low fat ricotta and low fat cottage cheese out of desperation. I just blended skim milk, yogurt, ricotta and half a teaspoon of sugar. I know this is not on the plan the doctor desires for me but I have not been taking in more than 250 calories a day minus supplements. What damage am I doing to my sleeve?

Hello! I had my rny on 11/5 and it's been a rough road. 2 nights in the hospital and I did not feel ready to come home but I did. I started to feel ok...pain, but manageable. This past Thursday (one week 2 days post op) I found myself back in the hospital with dehydration and the worst pain I've ever felt. I could walk or sit upright. I was miserable but after some pain meds and a bag of fluids I'm home and feeling soooo much better! I was actually able to run some errands today. Still not taking in enough fluids though. My doc still has me on Clear Liquids, no Protein but tonight I tried muscle milk bc for the first time I actually felt a little hungry. It tasted delish but made me nauseated. I just can't tolerate Water without it making me feel sick. Gatorade g2 with less sugar, or broth is about all I can handle at this point.

HW: 291

SW: 275

Post op: 288

CW (11/17): 262

Wow! Alimarie, I am sorry. I hope you can get those fluids in. I can understand your pain. I have gas pain with every sip of Water or anything. I am glad you feel a bit better but keep drinking. Hope this trial goes by quickly for you.

I have always had a nervous tummy, it seems someone let it know its about to be renovated in a couple days because tonight im anxious and it HURTS. starting my 2 day liquid diet in the morning and really not looking forward to dealing with a grouchy tummy. :wacko: