Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it get easier?

I had gb 3 weeks ago today. I am still struggling to get my liquids and Protein in. I hate the Protein Drinks but know I need them. I also can't seem to drink enough. I might be afraid I'm going to do too much. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting in the liquids and does it get easier with time?

Tarastar25- I know exactly how you feel. I can't stand the Protein drinks they have a funny taste just like Water. I have been able to drink 5-6 glasses of milk a day. After this last hospital stay I was rehydrated and felt better. Today I had solid food so it was a plus. Wish you luck in finding what you can tolerate.

They allowed me to have crystal light flavored water...it helps. ..also Protein Shakes were not a probl

They allowed me to have crystal light flavored water...it helps. ..also Protein Shakes were not a problem if they are super cold..I like Premier Protein chocolate. ..on liquid stage I was able to have cream of wheat and broths..

I had gb 3 weeks ago today. I am still struggling to get my liquids and Protein in. I hate the Protein drinks but know I need them. I also can't seem to drink enough. I might be afraid I'm going to do too much. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting in the liquids and does it get easier with time?

It absolutely gets better over time. But you're absolutely right the protein is important. You might want to try drinking 2oz every 15 to 30 or even 60 mins. If you're on pureed or solid food, another option is to buy unflavored Protein Powder. Put a scoop in a small dish and sprinkle a little in anything you drink or eat during your day. One scoop is usually 20 to 30g of protein. By the end of the day you've added that much protein while eating and drinking the things you would have had anyway.

You're gonna love the new you!!

I remember thinking it was impossible to get all that Protein and Water in. Just drink what you can. Over time, your protein and water numbers will go up as the scale numbers go down.