Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share a NSV!!!

I feel fantastic this morning and was thinking about all the positive changes that losing weight brings about! There have been so many "Wow!" moments, but my biggest NSV is a little silly actually....

Being able to wear heels all day without my back, legs, and feet killing me!

What is the biggest NSV you have had?

Hi Lianna!

Congrats on the victory! I am Pre-Op (surgery date 3/8--if he can fit me in). Currently I am on my 2 week Pre-Op diet. Is this something that all doctors do? I have to have toast and oatmeal for bk, myocel shake for lunch, one serving meat and one serving green veg for dinner, and last but not least another myocel shake...already having anxiety.

Hi denise - my 2 week preop was liquids soo be happy you get to chew food! =)

My Dh and I went on vacation in the begining of Oct and being a pajama junkie i bought new pjs for the trip. well first night i put them on and the pants were SSOOOO tight! i mean tight tight barely up to the tuckuss-crack tight. And i didnt pack a back up of Pjs! I was so embarrased esp sicen we were at a B&B and i didt want to have to get up in the middle of the night to P and risk being seen in these pants!!

Anyway I sarted my 2 week liquid preop the day after we got home.

Now these are my favorite pajama pants! 4 months later and i am swimming in them! I LOVE Them!

thats my NSV

NSVs for me...

A mere 28lbs gone and I'm already in smaller pants! I can also get my socks and shoes on now without huffing and puffing. Gotta love that!

I had my VERY FIRST NSV TODAY! I was getting dressed this morning, and I didn't have to use a bra extender!!!!!!!!! First time for that in YEARS!!!

I tied my Nike's without losing my breathe, usually when I bend over to do that, it takes my breathe away. But so far all my weight has come off my belly, so it helped this a lot! And my pants are looser, not down a size yet, but they used to be snug!

My biggest NSV to date is needing to buy new jeans and realizing that I had dropped several sizes! I knew I needed new ones but I was amazed at how much smaller they were. Another, how nice it is to be able to stand for long periods of time and not be tired. What a nice feeling!

My NSV, happen today at a friends house, where we were attending an anniversary dinner. I was talking to the fiance of my best friends son, I had just met her last week. We were sat next to each other, and I moved my tea away, so I wouldn't unthinkingly pick it up to drink--she looked at me kinda funny so I told her, I couldn't drink when I ate, so she ask why and I told her I had the band. She was surprised, she told me "I can't imagine you being fat" then she tripped all over herself trying to make that not sound mean...I was just thrilled, I still FEEL fat, and while I know I have lost a lot of weight, I thought everyone still saw me as fat, just less fat. Told my friends son, to hang on to her---she made my day!!!

Kat

An odd, but interesting NSV for me--

GYN appointments, as we ladies know, involve a lot of pressing and probing by the doctor.

This year's visit, with my 52 lb loss, went faster and easier than I ever recall. My doctor said my half-filled/deflated breasts and tummy make his job of feeling for lumps and bumps much easier.

Wonder how the annual mammogram will go.

i was walking in the mall yesterday and men actually stopped to watch me go by...that has not happened in a LONGGGGG time!!! : )