Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday was a great day. We're adopting another dog and had our home inspection in the morning. I made chili and had some for lunch - it went down well and was delicious. In the afternoon I spent two hours cutting the grass. It's thirsty work but I usually make up for it after dinner by drinking extra Water. I made some baked chicken for my husband and tilapia for my dinner around 7pm... and that's where the day went downhill. The tilapia always goes down easy but it didn't sit well with me last night. I started that gurgley, painful, nauseous feeling right away. I resigned myself to waiting it out. 8, 9, 10, 11 - still not feeling well. I tried to go to bed but that made it worse. I got up and read for a while and it didn't get better. I was really tired and I was headachy from not being able to drink. Around 1am I tried drinking down 3-4 oz Water and it did the trick - everything, including what remained of my dinner, came back up immediately. Finally! I was exhausted and went to bed. I didn't sleep well because of the headache and we had some thunderstorms. One of my dogs is terrified of thunder and I had to get up to close windows. Now I'm sitting here trying to get rid of that headache - drinking, drinking, drinking.

That uncomfortable spell was the longest I've ever had and I was actually wondering at the time if I had a stricture. But it couldn't be because lunch went down smooth, no issues.

I started reading your post and thought "Did I post in the middle of the night?" We are also adopting another dog. In fact we got her yesterday. She's a 5 year old chocolate lab named Lilah. I also had a particularly rough night. Breakfast and lunch were healthy and went down fine. That evening we had to travel about an hour away to pick up an Invisible Fence collar from someone on Craigslist. I went unprepared. We ended up stopping at Kohl's for my daughter and before I knew it, it was 8:30 and I'd barely eaten all day. I ate the beef off an Arby's roast beef for dinner. I'd done this once before and both times it went down smoothly. My Protein count was still way too low to call it a day. Around 10:00, I asked my husband to whip up a healthy smoothie, but we were out of milk. Instead, I ate a Detour Protein Bar and a container of Fit and Light Greek yogurt. That put me at 75 g. of protein for the day and it also made me sick about 30 minutes later. Wanted to throw up, heaved a few times, but never actually threw up. Got a little foamy, stomach hurt, and just didn't feel well. Now I have diarrhea and a headache. Oh joy, nice start to my Sunday. Glad you're doing better!!

I guess I'm not alone - misery loves company! Lol

I got a full bottle of Water down and I'm starting another. The headache is easing up finally. It's puzzling to me how something you eat all the time with no trouble can suddenly make you sick. Today will be a Soup and yogurt day. I've got too much to do and those are 'safe' for me... so far. :-)

Congrats on your new dog. I can't imagine life without them. We are adopting ours from the Dachshund Rescue of North America. Little Fred will be coming to us from South Carolina next week. He's our third Dachshund from that rescue. My young guy needs a buddy to play with. My other dog is elderly and frail and all she does is sleep. :-)

Hi Terry,

Lilah is our third also. We have two bichons. We had a black lab, but he had to be put down 2 years ago due to failing health. He was an incredible dog and we weren't ready to think about adopting another one until now. Lilah seems to be doing well so far. She LOVES food, so we're going to have to be more careful about what we leave out. I can so relate to her love of food!!

Good luck with your new dog. They truly are members of the family.

~Pam

Omg ladies I thought I was just a screw up but this kind of thing happens often I guess & not only to me. Thank God for this app where we can read & write to each other. Ty I feel so much better.

Hey Pam! Lilah liking food isn't a bad thing. Dogs who like food are easy to train - they respond well to treat rewards. My Basset (passed away three years ago) loved treats so much he would run outside, lift his leg to pee, and run back for a treat. Over and over and over! He only actually peed the first time, after that he was only going through the motions. Lol

Omg ladies I thought I was just a screw up but this kind of thing happens often I guess & not only to me. Thank God for this app where we can read & write to each other. Ty I feel so much better.

Yes it happens and it's most definitely not only you! Sometimes it's our own fault - I know when I've eaten too much, or too fast, or too dry - but sometimes it happens for no apparent reason. They say it gets better over time. Good luck to you! :-)