Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

finally have date & surgeon

Hello All,

I've dithered and coped the OH have a wobble about money more than anything else.

I've booked with surgeon in Belgium... then cancelled. I've booked with a surgeon in Gloucester and cancelled....

In the end it boiled down to money with OH and him not wanting me to borrow money for surgery...

But now I've saved enough and there's no stopping me.

I will be operated on in Paris by Dr Anfroy on 21/3/07. I just need to get some blood tests done before I go! and all in for 4500Euro, which is half that I would have payed in Gloucester and about £600 less than I would have paid for Belgium! Plus I'm getting a MidBand, which is what I wanted, because it has good adjustability. Which is important to me.

Have told OH now and he's been unimpressed, but hasn't put up an argument!

Woo HOO!!

Sure it will feeling good about it... I just need to arrange my bloods to be done and the local hospital. I need to have a cortisol done which takes 10 days to come back.

I'll be in France for 5 days all in all and I'll be spending 3 nights in hospital (seems like a really long time, but I'm told that it's the French way to recover quietly with supervision!!) So i'm going to go with the flow and take it as it comes....

God I sound really laid back! Not that I am at the moment... 3 weeks tomorrow and I'll be off to Gay Paris!!! Feeling anxious and excited that I'm finally taking the plunge and tackling my weight problem, permanently

Thanks for your thoughts Yvonne

Hi there!

Congratulations on booking your surgery!

I was planning on having my op in Belgium but I quite like the sound of the paris hospital. A stay in hospital supervised by people who know what theyare doing sounds reassuring to me.

I would be really interested to find out more about thishospital if you have any details to share.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

xKatie

I'm so glad you h ave finally got over the problems! I am sure it will work brilliantly and where better than Paris, the home of glam, to have it done! I'll be having Paris envy!

You will have to keep us all updated!

I am positive that when you get the band your OH will begin to see all the positives!

Hugs

Sx

(www.clinique-monceau.com). www.euroband.org

I will be seeing Dr Anfroy. You can email him from the euroband site.

The cost is 4500 euro plus 2 nights in hotel and flight.

Found flights for £41.00 return and hotel(near L'Arc De Triomphe) for 60Euro a night.

so all additional costs are reasonable. Of course there is the cost of the aftercare, but it's local for me, so it'll just be £100 per fill I think...

Hope that this helps....

OK it's 21 days til I'm finally banded... feeling quite excited and nervous now...

I found it really hard to get off to sleep last night. worrying about of all things the pre op tests, I'm going to be having a pre op endoscopy Hate the thought of having something down my throat... I'm gagging at the very thought of it!

The other problem is the last supper syndrome that I'm suffering big time from at the moment.... So many restaurants so little time!!!

I'm thinking of starting a blog.... to record my trials and tribulations through my weight loss surgery and journey to slimdom!!

Sure it will feeling good about it... I just need to arrange my bloods to be done and the local hospital. I need to have a cortisol done which takes 10 days to come back.

I'll be in France for 5 days all in all and I'll be spending 3 nights in hospital (seems like a really long time, but

I'm told that it's the French way to recover quietly with supervision
!!) So i'm going to go with the flow and take it as it comes....

God I sound really laid back! Not that I am at the moment... 3 weeks tomorrow and I'll be off to Gay Paris!!! Feeling anxious and excited that I'm finally taking the plunge and tackling my weight problem, permanently

Thanks for your thoughts Yvonne

Sounds like my kind of plan. I could do Paris for three days resting! Well done. Hats off to you for moving forward with your life changing choice. I think that is half the battle when it comes down to it. Keep posting on your progress.

OK, pre op diet starts on Monday, and I've got it BAD :hungry:

:hungry: Thought I would try and eat a proper Breakfast... managed, but then not 1/2 hour later I thought.... there's ice cream in the freezer :)

Now I've eaten a tub of Hagen Daas!!:guess OMG! I'm actually shocked at what I've just done, I'm not even dressed!

I guess I'll have to just accept that it's just how the weekend is going to pan out... and try not to make myself ill!!!

OK, pre op diet starts on Monday, and I've got it BAD :hungry:

:hungry: Thought I would try and eat a proper breakfast... managed, but then not 1/2 hour later I thought.... there's ice cream in the freezer :)

Now I've eaten a tub of Hagen Daas!!:guess OMG! I'm actually shocked at what I've just done, I'm not even dressed!

I guess I'll have to just accept that it's just how the weekend is going to pan out... and try not to make myself ill!!!

I truly emphatize with you Anon, Yes I feel you. Likewise I am fine (prior to my band op) when Im not thinking of diet. Each time I decided to start dieting, ALL I can think of is food, infact it makes me eat more and I put on more weight than when I wasnt dieting. So to suceed, I had a strategy. I dont think that I am dieting. I think I am trying to get heathier by eating healtily. So, I have lots of low cal, low fat, weight watches meal, healty veg sticks, sugar free jelly all around me, so to trick my body into thinking Im eating loads, and I am not really dieting, and actually it works, and I usually will lose at least 1/2stone to begin with. Only problem is, my body wise up and realised I am actually dieting, and after 2wks, the plan wont work anymore, and the craving starts again. But at least, if you try this option, you will suceed for the 1st 2 wks and lose some weight cos you are not thinking of food 24-7, which you would be if you are thinking of DIET!! Hopes this might help you to reach your goal before your op.

I am not sure if you will want to hear this but.....

I volunteered to babysit for my best friend and she bought me a tub of Pralines and cream Haagen Daaz. I ate it all with no restriction. So be warned some bad food can slip through the net easily!

But, at least I couldn't eat anything else, so I haven't beat myself up, it was a nice treat. So it could also be seen as a positive!

I am not sure if you will want to hear this but.....

I volunteered to babysit for my best friend and she bought me a tub of Pralines and cream Haagen Daaz. I ate it all with no restriction. So be warned some bad food can slip through the net easily!

But, at least I couldn't eat anything else, so I haven't beat myself up, it was a nice treat. So it could also be seen as a positive!

Oh LibertySuzanne,

Now that is very very naughty. The whole tub all by yourself. You could have given us a ring, and we could have shared it with you. This way, we could have share the calories too. Im waiting for my friend, the one whom I shared the same room with after the band op to turn up, and we are going to Ciau Baby for dinner. Oh my god, the cakes in ciau baby is to die for. But hei, good news. I weight myself tis morning, and hv lose 3more pounds. So Im giving myself a treat. Im planning just Tomato Soup as main and desert. If the 3lb go back to my thigh tomorrow, I only got myself to blame. How you doing anyway. Whats your current weight lost??

Oh no Saggi, the ice cream was mine all mine!!!!:) :clap2:

Sounds like a good evening ahead for you, and I bet you won't put your goodness aside by having a pleasent night out otnite with Tomato Soup and desert! You do realise that eating is getting a lot cheaper now as well.

Last time I stood on the scales I had lost another two pounds but the best thing is I got into a size 16 jumper, it is stretchy but I didn't look like a disaster. Its one of those jumpers that end just under your bum. It's pink and grey I suspect it may be meant to look a little baggy, but I don't look like a car crash and I feel so good!

You know I saw for the first time my band has made. I'm taller! Funnily enough dads carer commented that I looked taller as well. Maybe it's the jumper????

Have a great night Saggi! Enjoy yourself!