Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Logs Discussion

I have shared your frustration - many times. But how cool is it that your log teaches you so much about what you eat? It also has taught me to check it after ever meal so I can make adjustments in the next meal for protein' date=' carbs, fat, calories, or whatever. Of course that doesn't mean I always make the adjustment - just means I don't have an excuse![/quote']

Good point on checking! Today was definitely one of those days I was Lucky to get any of it in. At least I know now. Tomorrow im back to a Protein Shake in the a.m.

MFPs potassium goal is a minimum recommended allowance. Unlike calories and fat that we're trying to stay below. Unless you've got chronic kidney disease, are on certain meds (ACE inhibitors and ARBs in particular) or just because your doc says so, it's pretty much the more the merrier with potassium.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

And it helps prevent muscle cramps. I hate muscle cramps. A lot!

I had my surgery at a naval hospital that is 5 hours away. I think I will call them and ask what my Protein should be. I didn't know about the egg whites in drinks. meat protein doesn't really work for me and some days (like today) my pouch is a grouch. I get nausea when I eat' date=' so I drink Protein Shakes. Thanks for the ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

My husband buys dehydrated egg whites at the store where he buys his supplements.< /p>

Thanks much for step by step instructions, DL!

MFPs potassium goal is a minimum recommended allowance. Unlike calories and fat that we're trying to stay below. Unless you've got chronic kidney disease' date=' are on certain meds (ACE inhibitors and ARBs in particular) or just because your doc says so, it's pretty much the more the merrier with potassium.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6[/quote']

Thanks for the info - I don't have any reason to limit my potassium. I guess the number just jumped out at me as being so high.

My husband buys dehydrated egg whites at the store where he buys his supplements.< /p>

Good idea. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am on plateau for a week and a half... I lost some weight during first week after the surgery and then boom, nothing. I stall around 264-265 for what seem to be an eternity...I log my food, average around 500 kcal, take my Protein and water... Ugh, I am frustrated...

I am on plateau for a week and a half... I lost some weight during first week after the surgery and then boom' date=' nothing. I stall around 264-265 for what seem to be an eternity...I log my food, average around 500 kcal, take my Protein and water... Ugh, I am frustrated...[/quote']

Well at week two your body has just had its first major freak out. You just had major surgery! Just stay on you plan and the weight will start to come off. Try your best not to get in the scale for a few days.

I am on plateau for a week and a half... I lost some weight during first week after the surgery and then boom, nothing. I stall around 264-265 for what seem to be an eternity...I log my food, average around 500 kcal, take my Protein and water... Ugh, I am frustrated...

You're frustrated because you hit a stall. Perfectly understandable - but a waste of energy. Consider focusing that energy on the fact that you KNOW (because you're logging) that you are following the protocol. And knowing that, you KNOW that you will lose weight. The laws of science and the universe cannot be denied. That is exciting. That is positive. That is energy well spent.

Your goal is physical change but your challenge is mental discipline. Stay patient, stay positive, stay focused. Sometimes you'll lose slowly. Sometimes quickly. Sometimes not at all. But your plan, your focus, is always the same. Persistence, along with absolute belief, can never be defeated.

You're gonna love the new you!!

Catching up on the food log thread as I am waiting to see the doctor for my year and half checkup.. Got mfp at the ready if he asks what I have been eating. Lol!!

date of surgery 02/21/12 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs

Well I had a good week I think. I was only slightly over on my average calories for the week. My biggest accomplishment is decreasing my carb in take for the week. I was only 177 over on carbs and last week I was 356 over. I was only 4 over on my fat. Finally my Protein I was only 7 under my goal getting in 721 grams of protein this week.

My percentages this week are 43/33/24 - my goal percentages are 40 carbs/ 35 fat/ 25 protein

Tomorrow is the start of soccer season for me so I am adding more protein to my diet and I will be burning a lot of calories!

Have a great week everyone

Pretty good week for me as well. I was targeting 1700 calories a day in order to gain a pound or so. But the long Labor Day weekend pushed the actual closer to 1800 calories. But I was 153.6 yesterday morning so I'm pleased with the result. Still struggling to get my Fiber up with last week only hitting about 50% of my goal. I will eat my veggies, I WILL eat my veggies! Percentages were good - 33/35/32 against my goal of 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein. Carbs make me nervous so I'm always glad to be below that number. Fat was a little high but doesn't seem to have anywhere near as much impact on my weight as carbs.

Yesterday's numbers aren't reflected in last weeks results but...I had half of a medium baked potato with BBQ chicken and a little low fat butter with canola oil on it for dinner. Good meal calorie wise and very filling (little weak on Protein with only 6g). About two hours later I got hit with "late" dumping aka hypoglycemia.

I've had the baked potato with BBQ chicken before with no problem. At the moment my best guess is that the dumping was caused by the combination of the potato and two glasses of Merlot that I had about a half hour before dinner. No previous problem with either the wine or the potato but the combination together and BAM! Strange stuff hypoglycemia. I ate a Protein Bar with 2g of sugar and 4g of sugar alcohol and in 20 minutes I was just fine.

Hope you guys had a terrific Labor Day!!

Today was a perfect day for me (I have to take it one day at a time). I got 790 calories and 78 grams of Protein which is awesome because I didn't hit 50 grams all weekend. I made myself eat my three meals and two Snacks even tho I'm not hungry. I did 45 minutes strength training after work and feel powerful. I need to keep this up and force myself to eat. Yay me!

It is so important to Celebrate those perfect days! Good for you!!