Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You're lucky! My doctor has me on Vicodin pills every four hours so it's been rough. Rm He didn't leave the catheter in so I have been getting up all the time to go to the bathroom. My stomach is in a lot of pain but I have been walking around to try and get rid of the air!

I had a catheter in until I passed the swallow

Test. Them after they took out the tube up my nose. I walked yesterday them at 2:00 am and today a long way. My dr had to perform a hand assist and had to make a 2 1/2 incision. Hopefully home on Sunday

How are all the August 22 ladies doing. Are you stil in hospital? I have to stuy until Sunday. I'm more uncomfortable with all the bloating and gas that will not come out.

How are you all feeling?

I got to come home yesterday. I am doing great. Only needing Tylenol for pain today. Having to force myself to get enough fluids. Don't feel like eating or drinking anything, I'm not hungry.

I came home yesterday. My doctor wouldn't let me out until I stopped asking for pain medication since he refused to give me any pain medication when I was home. I am still uncomfortable but it's getting better each day!

I came home today after seeing if I could tolerate your pain meds and drinking liquids. Still in a lot of pain. My RNY went off without a hitch. Then when my surgeon tried to repair a hernia, he had to open me up at the bottom because it was pretty bad. Although I'm in a lot of pain, it is worth it. I just need to make it over this hump. I can't do anything right now. I am full after a couple of spoonfuls of broth. Tastes have changed already. Thank God i have this compression garment on or else I wouldn't be able to do anything. Oh well, time to go take more pain meds.

I came home today after seeing if I could tolerate your pain meds and drinking liquids. Still in a lot of pain. My RNY went off without a hitch. Then when my surgeon tried to repair a hernia' date=' he had to open me up at the bottom because it was pretty bad. Although I'm in a lot of pain, it is worth it. I just need to make it over this hump. I can't do anything right now. I am full after a couple of spoonfuls of broth. Tastes have changed already. Thank God i have this compression garment on or else I wouldn't be able to do anything. Oh well, time to go take more pain meds.[/quote']

Oh wow they had to fix a hernia too!! That is rough. My surgery took 4 hours as opposed to two hours because they had trouble taking out my lap band first to then start the rny. My surgeon wouldn't tell me how it went he just kept saying that he was able to do the procedure. I am only allowed a one ounce cup every 15 minutes.

Yes, I initially I was on 6 oz every hour and now I'm on unlimited but I can't even take in more than that. I'm too focused on the pain I feel now. The Unjury chicken Soup is AMAZING but I have no clue how I'm gonna get all 8 oz in. ???? I know this is just the beginning of a BEAUTIFUL journey but I can barely move. What little energy I have I spend walking through the house. Here's to hoping things get better as the days go by.

I'm Home now. But hard getting in liquids. Any one else afraid of eating Jello?

I'm Home now. But hard getting in liquids. Any one else afraid of eating Jello?

Not afraid of eating Jello. My taste buds changed so much already that I just didn't care for it too much when they brought it to me in the hospital. It was sugar free but it tasted like pure sugar to me. Having a lot of trouble getting liquids in. I know it gets better though.

I can't even think of eating jello!!

I am still in the hospital. I was having a hard time getting liquids, but I think I am slowly building up the amount. I am able to drink 2 ounces every 30 minutes. I am sticking to things like Water, sugarfree Decaf tea, and yes, I am eating Jell-O. I am exhausted. Having this other surgery four weeks after my hysterectomy is very difficult. I find myself nodding off to sleep while I'm talking to people. Little things like going to the bathroom make me so sleepy. I am very excited, and anxious to see how fast I'm able to lose this weight. Even sitting here saying this is difficult. My eyes keep closing. I hope I can go home tomorrow, but if the doctor says that I'm not ready I will not push. I know that once I get home I will be alone, and on my own. That makes me nervous, but I know that I will be able to handle it. I have done this before, and I will do it again. I do not know if I have lost any weight, but I do see that my stomach is very swollen. I have seven incision sites. They are all covered with gauze and a Tagamet. They are also numbered.

Today they brought me a tray for my lunch that had full liquids. It included sugar-free Jello, no-sugar-added pudding, fat-free milk, low-sodium chicken broth, bottled Water and grape juice of all the stupid things. I had the pudding, tea, Jello and water over a 6 hour period, at 3 oz per hour or 1 oz every 20 minutes.

Keep your heads up ladies! These aches will pass!

I am finally going home today! My surgeon came in and said how proud he is of me and that I am clear to leave. I can't wait to get home and actually sleep! My surgeon has me on a dilaudid pain pump so I have to keep waking up every 20-25 minutes to dose myself. The nurses here have no clue what it means to heal and how every noise is amplified when you are in pain. I have been having Water, half apple juice/ half water, sugar free Jello and up to 2 oz. of Protein pudding. I hope I can leave in the next little bit.

Good luck! You'll heal so much better at home! There's nothing better than your own bed :)

Maybe tmi but has anyone passed stool or something like it?

Maybe tmi but has anyone passed stool or something like it?

I finally passed gas last night. I could hear it in there moving around so I got up and walked and passed some late last night (early this morning) and again this morning when I got up. I was glad it finally happened and it did eliminate some of the pain I was experiencing.