Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Do any of the ones that just started posting on this thread use Kaiser in Northern CA?

VickiJ,

How are you doing? Haven't talked to you in a while on here...hope all is well with you.

Hey smilin_apple - I'm doing great. The fill level that Dr. Le has me at seems to be pretty close to the ol' sweet spot. It's nice because it helps me with the hunger but I haven't had any PBing or slimming. I guess I'm pretty lucky. Every once in a while my esophagus will spasm but it doesn't last long. It surely reminds me that I have the band.

How are you doing?

Vicki

I'm hanging in there... Dr. Alami is great but my band has been a little testy sometimes. I have had 3 fills so far. I started with about 2.5 cc's in my band at surgery. In Jan he gave a me a good sized fill which brought me to 5.0 cc's or so. Then Feb he put about 1.2 cc's which brought me to a total of 6.2 cc's. I was doing good after the first 2 weeks. I was losing about 2 lbs a week, but I was still getting hungry sooner than I would have liked. So in March he put in .3 cc's to bring me to 6.5 cc's. Well I was PB'ing, slimming and throwing up all week long. So I called him on Saturday after my fill and he had me drive down there and do an unfill. Well he took out .6 cc's which brings me back to 5.9 cc's ( he sid it ws to account for any swelling I have from the last fill. Well now I am wayyy too loose. I get hungry 1 hour after eating and I eat about 2.5 cups of food at each meal.

I go back in one week from Monday on Apr 7th and I hope I didn't gain any weight!?!?

I am confused on how much I should fill this time though. I was thinking only .4 which will take me to 6.3 tighter than 2 months ago but less than the highest fill.

I hope it will be enough though.... I feel like I am starving ALL THE TIME! My stomach literally growls at me every 1.5 - 2 hours after eating.

:confused2::tongue_smilie:

April - Wow, sorry to hear that you're having trouble. My other girlfriend that goes to Dr. Alami also got too tight. Now, I'm not saying anything about his abilities to do the fills, just saying that she got there too. I haven't heard from her in a few weeks so I don't know how it worked out. She was going to try and ride it out because it wasn't "that bad" but she had to be real careful.

I was worried about the getting in the same spot. Dr. Le didn't do any agressive fills on me. He really wanted to sneak up on it. He gave me about 1cc on the first fill (I had 2cc after surgery), then he gave me .5cc the second fill and I don't know for sure what he gave me on the 3rd and final fill but I think probably around .5cc. For me that worked out fine. Some people would think they were loose because I can eat anything except really dry meat. But I do ok at not getting hungry except in the morning. I usually need a snack around 10. So, I just plan it in. The main reason for that is my lunch is around 1.

One thing I did learn is if I eat dense Protein (steak, chicken, Jerky, etc.) I stay full way longer. I was trying to oatmeal for Breakfast and I think I made it to work before I heard the rumblings. Carbs and things like cheese just don't last. I usually have my carbs (veggies/fruits) with my protein or for my planned snack. Never as a meal by itself.

Dr. Le said to call if I need a fill, otherwise, he'll see me in 6 months or so. He said he wanted a picture when I got to goal. Of course, this is after he AGAIN told me I probably wouldn't loose much more weight. Geez, these guys and their statistics. :tongue_smilie:

I think you're idea of easing up on this thing is good. I don't know about you but driving all the way down there is a total pain not to mention the stress of being too tight.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. I wish I had some wise sage old advice for you but I don't. This band is a fickle thing. They change daily. Sometimes it's like having a living thing in there with the loosening and tightening they do. Good Luck!!!!

Vicki

Hi all,I'm from Sac and having a hell of a time finding a doc with no program fee..or a fee that is more manageable than 5750, 3780 and 2500... if I wanted to pay that much I might as well become a cash pay! Anyone else having this problem? Anyone been to San Fran for surgery?

I got my band from Dr. Machado in July of 07 and there wasnt a program fee that I know of. It was covedred by my insurance. I heard there is a program fee now though so im not exactly sure. Goodluck!!!

thanks kristin,

dr machado is the doc I wanted but her program fee is 2750...

thanks kristin,

dr machado is the doc I wanted but her program fee is 2750...

I had mine done in San Francisco but it was through Kaiser in South San Francisco. They covered it 100%. I only had to pay my normal co-pay's ($15; that I pay anytime I see a doctor) when I saw my surgeon, psychiatrist, nutritionist, and head of bariatrics, but all the classes were co-pay free and so was the surgery.

Lana ~ I can't find a fill doc here. I am going back to Mexico AGAIN May 5th for my 4th fill. Crazy. Dr. Machado told me, personally, that she'd charge $1200 for consult and the $350 per fill, with NO FLOURO!!!!

I'm freakin'.

Want2,

Have you tried Dr Koura's office? Dr Machado is just too pricy for me, great doc but come on... who did you see in Mexico, how did that go? Mexico may be my only option if this new doc in San Fran does not work out... I need advise.

Dr Waldrep does not take my insurance, I could go there as a cash pay....lol