Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Does anyone know where the support meeting for dr machado are? and at what time?

Hi all!

It's been a while since I have been on here, but I thought I would stop in. I haven't seen Vickie J post since right before her surgery, I hope she is doing well.

I am doing ok a little frusterated because I was due to have my first fill this coming Monday on Christmas Eve and that was cancelled sinc eDr. Alami is out on Medical leave for a little while. And I refuse to see Dr. Li or Dr.Le, I want my doctor he is the BEST! So they scheduled me on January 7th, I NEED it SOOO Bad too. I am eating pretty regularly. My portion are still smaller but pretty normal.

I am still having one problem... when I let myself get too humgry then I start to eat too fast again and it gets stuck....my eyes Water a little and it takes a minute or two to go down, but thank God I haven't PB'd or anything like that...but boy does that hurt when it gets stuck!

I have also notice that some things make me almost have feelings similar to what Bypass patients describe as Dumping but it only lasts for 5- 10 minutes or less.

Anyone else get anything like that????

P.S. WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!

I've been laying around healing. I had one bad day (the day after surgery) and I've been doing pretty well since then. The only other problem that I had was I wasn't taking in the protien I should have been for a few days and boy did I feel it. I'm on track now and only have a little pain when I overdo it.

I've lost around 10 pounds since surgery. I had put a few back on due to not being deadly strict on my diet but have lost those and a few more. I can't wait to start up with more than their "full liquid" diet which starts on the 26th.

I heard about Dr. Alami. I guess he injured his leg during one of the sports he plays. My other friend who has him went to Dr. Le or Li for her fill but is really hoping he gets back soon. She isn't unhappy with the other doctor but really likes Dr. Alami.

I don't feel hungry at the moment. I will probably get to that point as things go on. I have an appointment on the 8th and if I need it I can get a fill at that time. I won't get one if I feel like I do right now because I don't want to get too full. I'll just have to see.

The hardest thing about going back to work for me is the port site got sore from all of my moving around. I still have to wear my pants partially unzipped if I'm going to be sitting up straight because I get sore. It all has to do with how my bulges go. ;) The port is actually a few inches above my pant line. Oh well. Minor issue. Everything else is healing nicely.

Hang in there through the holidays. You'll get your fill and be happier right after the new year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Hi all!

It's been a while since I have been on here, but I thought I would stop in. I haven't seen Vickie J post since right before her surgery, I hope she is doing well.

I am doing ok a little frusterated because I was due to have my first fill this coming Monday on Christmas Eve and that was cancelled sinc eDr. Alami is out on Medical leave for a little while. And I refuse to see Dr. Li or Dr.Le, I want my doctor he is the BEST! So they scheduled me on January 7th, I NEED it SOOO Bad too. I am eating pretty regularly. My portion are still smaller but pretty normal.

I am still having one problem... when I let myself get too humgry then I start to eat too fast again and it gets stuck....my eyes Water a little and it takes a minute or two to go down, but thank God I haven't PB'd or anything like that...but boy does that hurt when it gets stuck!

I have also notice that some things make me almost have feelings similar to what Bypass patients describe as Dumping but it only lasts for 5- 10 minutes or less.

Anyone else get anything like that????

P.S. WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!

Hi. About the dumping syndrom. I am not a doctor, but I did hear something from my doctor during my flouro... She said that she could see on the screen that I have mild reflux, and this causes vomitting. She purposely didn't tighten me too much b/c of this. She said if I were any tighter, I would be vomitting a lot. So, just a thought.

:welldoneclap: Hi, I live in Sacramento, just starting out with Kaizer to get banded hopfuly in the spring, I would love to talk to other people in town who our going through this.:wink:

:welldoneclap: Hi, I live in Sacramento, just starting out with Kaizer to get banded hopfuly in the spring, I would love to talk to other people in town who our going through this.:wink:

susieQ - Hi and welcome to the board. I'm from the Sacramento area and was banded by Kaiser in December. It was a long process but I'm really happy I stuck with it. How far into the process are you?

Do you have Kiazer? I went to the class on 1-7-08 pretty boaring had to go to South Sn Fransisco. Good luck at the class and yes lets e-mail id love to have someone in town to talk to. Susie:smile:

I went to the same facility. Orientation is pretty drawn out but it's one of the many things you'll have to go through. It sometimes gets pretty frustrating but hang in there. They are very overwhelmed and sometimes it seems like they loose sight of the emotional turmoil it creates.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to contact me for anything. I try to answer questions and give moral support. I've met a lot of good people on the internet.

had lap bad surgery from a Dr in sacramento?:Bunny :Bunny

I live in Elk Grove, I am having my Psych consult next week and hope to be banded sometime in February.

:biggrin:It is great to hear from all of you in the Sacramento area I would love some one on one coversations. And yes Im glad Kiazer is doing the band but there where so many people at the class who did not belong, that will hold it up for the serious people. Im doing good on my diet trying to get ready for a new way of eating , I hope to hear about my next visit bt May, that seems like a long time but it will get here fast, Im keeping a real poitive attitude.:(

susieQ - I'm doing great. The fill they gave me has me on the loosing track again. Whoohoo!

I was feeling ok within a few days. You're port site will hurt for a couple of weeks but that's nothing that Tylenol won't help. I came back to work on day 6 and had a rough first week. I wasn't taking in enough Protein and so I got worn out real quick. Once I started being a good girl with my Protein Drinks I came back pretty fast. By the first of the year I was going good. I'm about 5.5 weeks out now and don't have any problems unless I eat too fast or something I KNOW I shouldn't do.