Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

I live in sac and have all my life. I work for Kaiser so I have to go toSF to get my band put on but Kaiser pays 100% for all of its members and Employees. Anyone elso go through Kaiser?

Hi,

Are you getting banded in San Francsico? Hey I did got too just a week ago - today is the one week celebration! I feel pretty ok and happy to be over that far!

Tell me where is your surgery? and what doctor!?

Edeva3

Hi I was banded on Nov 1st and today is my little one week after celebration!

I am looking for buddies and I wonna meet pple like me and be able to support each other! I learn so much from this web site now I need pple face to face!

THANKS want2beme and loveu2!

It has been a lot of work but I did make it!!!:clap2:

So how are you doing? are you banded? how you feeling?

I actually don't have a date yet. I'm going through the SSF Kaiser and have gone through all of the appointments required. So now I'm just waiting for that phone call that will tell me when my surgery date is. It should be sometime in late February from what they told me. Kaiser is really backed up because of all the people who are coming in since they started the lap band procedure.

How are you doing? Are you having to follow any post-op diets?

<p>I have Dr. Alami in SSf. I could fast track it and would have had all of it done in 2-3 mo, but what would I have learned from that. As it is I am learning how to eat properly and chew and not drink when I eat and all of thaat good stuff. Don't get me wrong I did think about it but then I really thought about it and decided they have us go through this process for a reason. So I am waiting with you. I am on the booking list for Jan 08 and I check the OR schedule every day so that I will know when Jan opens up and I will probably know that I am booked before they call me.</p>

I am on the 1200cal meal paln and I walk 60 min twice a day for exercize. As if having four kids isn't enough exercize.

Wow, how great is it to be able to see the schedule. I found out about my appointments with Dr. Stiles, Beth, and the psychologist on the Kaiser website before I got the information. I was on the phone with my daughter when I saw it. She was laughing so hard at me because I couldn't even talk I was so happy.

I'm going with Dr. Le. I guess he's going to be off for a good portion of December. I'm not sure if that's going to put things even further out or not. I would have to think they knew that in October when I saw him. Oh, well, what will be will be.

I've been doing their meal plan also and I started working out at Curves. It gave a great jump start to my weight which had stalled. I had been walking this summer but got too busy at work to do it.

I raised 5 kids so I know what you mean about the energy that goes into that.

Hi all. Have you seen the new Kaiser member site? It actually includes your vitals from your last appts as well as other things. I was on today to order an rx and started poking around! Its amazing how much stuff is on there now! So tomorrow is fill #1 for me. Its been a looonnnngggg wait. I am so ready! Wish me luck!!! b;)

I hope all goes well with your fill. Have you been having much hunger? It will be nice to have your fill now so that things can be settled down for Thanksgiving. Good luck.

how do you like this funny weather. It wants to rain at night but not in the day. It is cold in the evening warm during the day and cold at night. I wish it would make up its mind. This type of weather messes with my arthritis.

I need a total knee replacement but I am still to young. I plan on just trying to stay at the same temp inside and out because it really only flairs up in the cold and rain. I was a figure skater when I was young and did a lot of damage to my landing knee.

I really don't have it too bad but my Mom does. My sister is getting it also. That's why I went to see my PCP about possible future needs. He's really cool about it. I don't want to be taking narcotics throughout my life. My TENS machine does a lot of good for it. I ordered a mini one so that I could have it in my purse in case I need it on the run.