Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm vomiting everything I eat. Not neccessarily all I eat but every time I eat nonetheless. Does this sound normal? Weirdly enough: in not suppose to have nuts and seeds but these fill me the most and I don't vomit with them! Any input welcome.

C

Nope, that's not normal. I never vomit...even early on. You need to be back on foods that are approved and only foods that are approved (there's a healing period, you need to give yourself time to heal) and let your doc know. Either you're eating too much or too quick, or there's a structural issue that needs address. But no, something isn't right! Be careful and good luck!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 202.4

Not normal at all... Call your doctor!!!

date of surgery 02/21/13 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs

So, I've only had about three handfuls of peanuts in the shell over the past five days. I've done well with them but I will stop. I'm not throwing up liquids. So mainly it's just the introduction of new foods on my puréed diet list. For example I ate grilled chicken (3 bites) Sunday night and it didn't stay down at all. But Saturday night we grilled 90/10 burger w cheese. I had 2oz of it and had no problems keeping it down. Last night I tried a small turkey meatball I made and rolled in prego with a sprinkle of cheese. I held it down but it took all my effort not to get rid of it. Now that you have more info; Is this normal sounding or should I call doc?

I'm going through the same thing. I'm going to just stop with the chicken, tuna, and turkey. I'm not tolerating them well and it sucks because I need to get my Protein in and I don't like Protein Shakes. So I'm stuck with protein Soup, Peanut Butter and eggs.< /div>

Still call your doctor - because he should always be aware of issues. He also maybe able to prescribe you something to help keep food down.

I did go through something similar, when you introduce new foods you are learning what works for you and what does not. Everyone is different in that aspect. If chicken is dry I have a hard time with it. Sometimes the grease of a burger will make it hard for me to get it down. It is trial and error at each new food stage.

Again always call your doctor - that is what you pay him for and trust me you are not bothering them or being a pain. You just need some peace of mind that everything is ok. If it is not ok you need the resources to make it ok.

Call your doc. my sister started out your way with throwing up certain things then it progressed to everything !! She ended up having ulcer which caused the stricture. She was VERY sick but on the mend now. Please call your doctor.

chicken, Turkey, and beef can be really tough for people. I am about 15 months out of surgery and still sometimes have problems with chicken. juice it up!- sauce it up, or don't eat it. Try moist fish or seafood and see if that's any better. Scallops were my go to food for a while.

Sorry, can't tell from your post but are you pureeing the meat? (Bleh-nasty!). If you're on purée but just trying to eat soft foods, that could be an issue....if you're throwing up puréed foods I'm still all for calling your doc.

I haven't been pureeing the meats bc they told me I didn't have to unless I wasn't chewing good. I felt like I was chewing really good but maybe I'm not. I'll purée for a while and see if that helps. They also said if I can smash it with a fork there's no need to purée.

Chicken' date=' Turkey, and beef can be really tough for people. I am about 15 months out of surgery and still sometimes have problems with chicken. juice it up!- sauce it up, or don't eat it. Try moist fish or seafood and see if that's any better. Scallops were my go to food for a while.[/quote']

Surprisingly the only fish on my list right now is tuna. I haven't tried it yet. But I will be happy when I can try some seafood!

I haven't been pureeing the meats bc they told me I didn't have to unless I wasn't chewing good. I felt like I was chewing really good but maybe I'm not. I'll purée for a while and see if that helps. They also said if I can smash it with a fork there's no need to purée.

Ah! See?!? We have different rules :). When I was on nasty puréed, everything had to be puréed and completely lump free....no tuna, nothing! But again, you should not be vomiting, hardly ever. I've thrown up (more dry heaving than anything) 1 time since surgery almost 6 months ago and that was because I was seasick. Never off food. I agree with the call your doc thing....I think I'd go with strictly liquid or purée tonight and let them know tomorrow....your doc may not get excited about it but better safe than sorry!!!! Good luck!!!!!

I was told the same but you'd have to be able to REALLY mash it with a fork (like cooked soft apples, for instance). It needs to be able to fit through an opening the size of a small straw. I was told if I can't chew it pretty much to liquid it needs to be puréed. Hopefully puréeing helps!

Hey guys! Do I went to support group tonight and my questions were all surrounding my vomiting. Do basically what I got from the nurse is lose the chicken for now, switch to tuna, deli ham thinly sliced and canned ham. If those font stay down them I have to contact doc for a scope. Thanks for all the advice.

C

Hey guys! Do I went to support group tonight and my questions were all surrounding my vomiting. Do basically what I got from the nurse is lose the chicken for now' date=' switch to tuna, deli ham thinly sliced and canned ham. If those font stay down them I have to contact doc for a scope. Thanks for all the advice.

C[/quote']

I'm so totally jealous!!! I didn't get deli meat til 6 weeks!!!!!