Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so Disneyland has been my favorite place in the entire world except for maybe disney world since I was 2. I am now 22 and I still love it. Trust me I'm a Disney fanatic I could probably answer any Disneyland question, I've even won tickets on the radio from a trivia contest.

Anyway, one week before my surgery my boyfriend and I went to Celebrate my college graduation and his birthday. I was just wondering if anyone has gone since their surgery. I'm more interested in one year out or less.

How was your experience now that you are post op?

WHAT DID YOU EAT?!?

Did you feel tired or run out of gas?

Was staying hydrated a challenge?

I too heart Disney. I'm 31 and have probably been to Disney world around 40 times. And when you don't live anywhere near it, that's a lot. Lol. I have not been since I've had surgery but I do plan on going next year. Disney is incredibly accommodating. If you have a special diet they will work with you. Ordering a hamburger with no bun is not an issue. And they also have side veggies or salad options. Obviously you would need to be at a stage where you can eat those things. At two months I feel I could walk around the park for the day with a few breaks and be fine. That said be careful with Water and dehydration. The Florida and Southern California sun are killers. You might want to wait for a cooler day to go. Enjoy and say hi to Mickey for me!!! He'll know who I am, we go way back. Lol.

Definitely a big Disneyland fan! I'm almost two years out but I went several times when I was still in the rapid weight loss stage. I agree with Jeepchick, Disney is definitely accommodating. But if you're less than a year out, there are not a lot of options offered that are really compatible with a low fat, low carb, low sugar, high Protein diet. So I just took it with me. Protein Bars, my special homemade tuna salad (tuna, low fat mayo, little sweet pickle - love it), turkey Jerky, any kind of nuts, little cup of cottage cheese with pineapple, yogurt - throw a little ice in a small soft-sided cooler and you can get any or all of the above in there with no problem. You could probably get a small bottle of Water in there too but Water is heavy and you can get water all over the place in Disneyland. Options to water would be Crystal Light, Snapple, Decaf coffee or tea. But you'd have to carry them (not certain whether you can get decaf coffee at Disneyland or not so I wouldn't count on it).

I never had a problem with dehydration and I'm certainly not the poster guy for getting as much water as I should. Ditto for getting tired or running out of gas. I don't think I would recommend a long day at Disneyland prior to about six weeks out but after that, go for it! I can't think of a more healing environment than "The Happiest Place on Earth"!! And as you lose more weight, it just keeps getting better and better!! You're gonna love the new you!!