Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the forum and super anxious!

Hi!

My name is Christen, I'm 25 years old, from central California and am hoping to have the gastric bypass surgery.

I am 5'5" and 240 lbs with a bmi of 40 and a diagnosis of PCOS.

I've been reading in the forum for a while and have been looking into gastric bypass for about a year. I officially started the process back in June. I have always been heavy and in recent years have put on more weight.

Not only was I gaining weight with no changes in diet or exercise ( I actually was working out and dieting more and gaining) I was having terrible Migraines regularly that caused me to miss work. After looking into my migraines and weight gain I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). I was told that I hit a point in my life where my hormones were going even more outta whack than ever before. At this point the possibility of me having a successful pregnancy are super slim. Even though I do not want kids just yet I would like to have children in the next few years. The doc told me the only way for me to fix my hormones would be to lose a large amount of weight. But because of the PCOS I am gaining weight which is making my hormones more crazy! It's a vicious cycle! So my options were to be placed on tons of medicine which may or may not help or have weight loss surgery. My dad and sister have both had the surgery and are very supportive.

I started on my checklist of things to do before they'll submit my approval request. I was originally on Aetna and had completely all the requirements except for the psychological eval and my 2 remaining monthly dietician appointments. In July however I was hired full time with a new company and would be getting insurance through SISC Anthem Blue Cross August 1st. They do not require 3 months with a dietician so the only thing I had left was the psychological eval! I completed that last week and received a call on friday from the psychologist letting me know that he sending over my approved eval! I already spoke to my surgeons office and they said as soon as they get the eval they are going to submit the approval request! My doc is closed on Fridays so on Monday they will submit it!

I'm so nervous and anxious! I really hope I get approved but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Does anyone else go through Anthem Blue Cross? How long until you heard from them?

Thanks! And sorry for the long rambling post I just really needed to vent out my nerves lol

Christen

I have anthem BCBS. I heard from them exactly 2 weeks after everything was submitted.

Everything will be alright, you just have to stay positive. I had PCOS also, and was in the vicious cycle, i know where you're at.

Message if you want to talk. :)

Thanks! I know I just need to take a breather and chill lol!

How long we're you in the hospital?

When/if I'm approved my doctor wants to schedule me for Sept 24 which is a Tuesday. I already talked to my boss about everything. Because I just started my job 3 weeks ago I won't be able to take much time off at all. Luckily I work in an office and I'm hoping ill be able to be back at work by the next Monday.

Thanks! I know I just need to take a breather and chill lol!

How long we're you in the hospital?

When/if I'm approved my doctor wants to schedule me for Sept 24 which is a Tuesday. I already talked to my boss about everything. Because I just started my job 3 weeks ago I won't be able to take much time off at all. Luckily I work in an office and I'm hoping ill be able to be back at work by the next Monday.

I was at the hospital only one night. I stayed on pain meds 5 days and was able to carry on with light activities by then. you should be fine if you have a desk job.

That's a big relief :) I'm glad I found this forum. It's nice to have a place to talk to people and find information.

That's a big relief :) I'm glad I found this forum. It's nice to have a place to talk to people and find information.

This site has been tremendously helpful for me. Everone on here is great.